Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would assume this is norma, and since my RM had to go right back into shop after BBK install, the short distance I road to and fro the dealer, the digital fuel gage and range are showing steep declines, so far.
With the Stage 2 cams (no tuner) on my 111, I had a range of about 185, and averaged 34 mpg.
Digital range is now showing 145 miles, which calculates out to a little over 26 mpg.
I HAVE NOT fueled more than once. I filled it close to the dealer right before the BBK install.

Any other 116ers out there seeing a similar decline in fuel economy? Is it too soon to judge? Perhaps the tech idled for longer periods after reassembling, throwing the computer calculation off?

Thoughts please.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I would assume this is norma, and since my RM had to go right back into shop after BBK install, the short distance I road to and fro the dealer, the digital fuel gage and range are showing steep declines, so far.
With the Stage 2 cams (no tuner) on my 111, I had a range of about 185, and averaged 34 mpg.
Digital range is now showing 145 miles, which calculates out to a little over 26 mpg.
I HAVE NOT fueled more than once. I filled it close to the dealer right before the BBK install.

Any other 116ers out there seeing a similar decline in fuel economy? Is it too soon to judge? Perhaps the tech idled for longer periods after reassembling, throwing the computer calculation off?

Thoughts please.
My actual mpg for cruising has gone up slightly (after proper tuning). Of course mileage is way down if I am really cranking the throttle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
You should be able to cruise at normal speeds and realize at least 40 to 45mpg. It may take proper tuning plus some good mileage for it to settle in. Get your break-in miles done before getting too concerned with mileage. Add a tuner if you don't like the results with factory flash.

·
Rider
473 Posts
From my experience....

The range is more a historical perspective. For example, after riding up a pass, hitting the throttle, and fueling up - the range can be below 175. After coming down a pass and fueling up the range is over 200.

Bottom line to me is how were you riding before you went to the dealer. My 116 is running about 40 mpg.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my experience....

The range is more a historical perspective. For example, after riding up a pass, hitting the throttle, and fueling up - the range can be below 175. After coming down a pass and fueling up the range is over 200.

Bottom line to me is how were you riding before you went to the dealer. May 116 is running about 40 mpg.
Pretty aggressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts