Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2014 Vintage - numbered #1717. Prior to the 116 it had Stage 2 cams, fishtails and the high flow air filter - all kosher Indian parts, but then tuned by DynoJet in the UK. It was always a clacker, and spat-back blipping the throttle fairly regularly despite a real good map from DynoJet.

As per another thread, the 116 install stopped the clacking, and even on the same tune as the 111 the spitting-back stopped. Just had it mapped again at DynoJet (UK) and mighty pleased with the results. We didn't go for maximum power - I wanted reliability, so we even dropped the rev limit back to the standard 5400rpm. But also tried to get better economy at cruising speeds.

But if you'll excuse me 0.18 of a ft/lb, then I'm saying 130ft/lb and 106hp. The red lines on the chart are the 116 (not surprisingly!) and the blue lines are the 'old' results from the stage 2; but the stage 2 was already up on power and torque against a standard bike. Overall it's more power/torque throughout the range, with the 116 making more torque at 2000rpm than the Stage 2 made at any revs.

Just got it hope things all hang together, but we certainly didn't do anything silly on the mapping, and there's nothing else done to the bike so standard heads and valves (albeit with the new valve springs that comes with the 116 kit).

Rode 220 miles down to DynoJet and it ran fine; riding back home tonight and hoping for a smooth ride using a bit less fuel ;)

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Booked mine in to have the upgrade to the 116 so hoping it should be in by the 18th May ,but that is a Saturday here and Election Day for the government so I won't be relying on that day to get the bike back. tvrolet like you have similar mods now and I had my last Dyno with the stage 2 cams done so it got more torque than power as that is what you need more than power unless you are drag racing your bike. I want power across the range that is reliable and has long-activity as I don't want to buy another bike because of an engine failure. As for better fuel economy if I get a better performing bike and better fuel economy that will be a bonus. Not a deal breaker as I believe that if your engine breaths better and tuned correctly you get that any way.Loved your Dyno figures ,it is nice to see the difference from one mod to the other. Below is my Dyno results after the power vision was installed and the sage 2 cams with stage 1 exhaust and air filter.

IMG_0290.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Booked mine in to have the upgrade to the 116 so hoping it should be in by the 18th May ,but that is a Saturday here and Election Day for the government so I won't be relying on that day to get the bike back. tvrolet like you have similar mods now and I had my last Dyno with the stage 2 cams done so it got more torque than power as that is what you need more than power unless you are drag racing your bike. I want power across the range that is reliable and has long-activity as I don't want to buy another bike because of an engine failure. As for better fuel economy if I get a better performing bike and better fuel economy that will be a bonus. Not a deal breaker as I believe that if your engine breaths better and tuned correctly you get that any way.Loved your Dyno figures ,it is nice to see the difference from one mod to the other. Below is my Dyno results after the power vision was installed and the sage 2 cams with stage 1 exhaust and air filter.

View attachment 486386
Your dyno chart says 148-150 Torque? That seams very high... I have a 111ci with High flow intake and stage 1 exhaust, Indian stage 2 cams and Indian Stage 2 ECU flash. Could the dyno jet really add 30 lbs of torque???

·
Bronze member
1,856 Posts
Your dyno chart says 148-150 Torque? That seams very high... I have a 111ci with High flow intake and stage 1 exhaust, Indian stage 2 cams and Indian Stage 2 ECU flash. Could the dyno jet really add 30 lbs of torque???
150 Nm = 110.6 ftlbs

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bike is a 2014 Vintage - numbered #1717. Prior to the 116 it had Stage 2 cams, fishtails and the high flow air filter - all kosher Indian parts, but then tuned by DynoJet in the UK. It was always a clacker, and spat-back blipping the throttle fairly regularly despite a real good map from DynoJet.

As per another thread, the 116 install stopped the clacking, and even on the same tune as the 111 the spitting-back stopped. Just had it mapped again at DynoJet (UK) and mighty pleased with the results. We didn't go for maximum power - I wanted reliability, so we even dropped the rev limit back to the standard 5400rpm. But also tried to get better economy at cruising speeds.

But if you'll excuse me 0.18 of a ft/lb, then I'm saying 130ft/lb and 106hp. The red lines on the chart are the 116 (not surprisingly!) and the blue lines are the 'old' results from the stage 2; but the stage 2 was already up on power and torque against a standard bike. Overall it's more power/torque throughout the range, with the 116 making more torque at 2000rpm than the Stage 2 made at any revs.

Just got it hope things all hang together, but we certainly didn't do anything silly on the mapping, and there's nothing else done to the bike so standard heads and valves (albeit with the new valve springs that comes with the 116 kit).

Rode 220 miles down to DynoJet and it ran fine; riding back home tonight and hoping for a smooth ride using a bit less fuel ;)
The bike will "hang together" just fine.
No worries there.
It needs some miles to break in and dial the injection in before the mileage will come.
Did mine last April, it was on Digital Wrench in Sept and showed 43.7 mpg average.
I beat this bike hard, most riding is over 80, kind of surprised me it was that hi.
When the 116 kit was installed I found out the shop would note any power parts on the bike before it left the shop.
I didn't want to jeopardize my 1 year BBK warranty so I removed those parts.
I'd been looking for free hp a year or two earlier and saw Vic Baggers intake and air cleaner.
They advertised around a 10 hp gain. It didn't hurt my Stage 2 any, but I doubt it was 10 hp.
It did really test the stock clutch springs though.
I also removed the tuner so the bike left without a tuner or the Voodoo intake for warranty purposes.
A few months later when the engine had broken in and was running well, I had to get the Voodoo out and put it back on.
It made a big difference, I don't know if it was 10 hp or not but I'm sure it was 5 or more.
I'd started making X pipes with pie cuts and lots of welds for the 111 several years ago.
We put them on the Dyno and kept coming up with about the same numbers as with a gutted cat.
We assumed the Indian hi flow air cleaner was hi flow...
After I reinstalled the Voodoo and did some riding I started thinking about the X pipe again.
I'd made several, tried different size pipe etc. and could not find any power.
I thought just to keep it clean, I would spend the $400 at Libertyville Indian for their stainless X pipe.
It's over the top beautiful, and fits perfect.
The big surprise was the power it unleashed.
I've really had to improve my rider skills from that change.
Before I roll on the throttle, I have to look way down the road for bearings because I'm going to be there at speed in just a few seconds.
I have no idea how much hp and torque improved but it was significant.
Those two pieces work incredibly well together, I don't know if they would help your mileage or not, I noticed a slight drop in mileage that may be because of the way I ride it now.
It pulls thru 5th and 6th gear now like it did 3ed and 4th before those 2 parts, it was running out of air around 100 mph. No more, fixed that!
I come home every nite with a sore neck and a smile.

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Cadillac OTB Voodoo or Vic Baggers Venom Plenum?
(You mention both!)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
Good catch, thanks.
I've had the Vicbaggers Plenum for a couple years maybe.
Not a Voodoo.
Sorry I got my V words mixed up.
VB shows the plenum but not the air cleaner they sent with it as a package on their web site, but that is the part I purchased and meant to describe.
I am not using a Voodoo air cleaner.
My Apologies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts