Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the valve seals are replaced when adding the 116 kit to a 2017 111? Indian kit of course shows the new springs, but are new seals needed/included? Part number? Thanks

·
Bronze member
1,623 Posts
If they aren't, I would insist that they do it when they are in there. Just replaced the springs on my 111 and the back exhaust seal was looking pretty old and worn with 10K on the clock. Cheap to do

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,652 Posts
There are a couple of things I would discuss with the dealer on installation of the BBK.
Valve Seals
Intake manifold adapters
Intake manifold clamps
Throttle Body o-ring(s)
Cam tensioners (the upgraded one) as well as the guide
Spark plugs
Spark wires checked
Clutch cable checked
Knock sensor (it is suppose to be replaced if removed...I am sure they don't)

Make sure they are going to replace all the gaskets and rubber seals for all they take apart. This includes the exhaust gaskets.

Heck, I replaced my TMAP sensor and injectors (with a matched set) when I fixed my intake manifold adapter leak.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
One thing I'd add to CraigB's list is to make sure the knock sensor wire is tied away from the cylinder head. They have a history of resting against it and melting through the insulation and causing intermittent fault codes that can be hard to track down.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks guys. Truly appreciate the input as it is difficult to sort all this out through the search function. I hope this also can help others going through the same process.

I already have the upgraded cam tensioner when I installed the 558’s, but will definitely mention the above. I am also getting new tires, got just over 17k on the stockers. I am really blessed and excited to get this done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts