Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a couple strange issues. One, my fuel mileage dropped to 33-34 mpg. I’d love to say that is because I’m loving that throttle, but the fact is that I’ve been babying it.
Second, and I know others have had a problem, it takes three or four tries to crank. It’s kept in a heated garage. 2019 Roadmaster. Stage 3 Polaris tune.

Reactions: rankdog

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remember correctly, Craig has helped others with their starting issues on the 116’s ...
Yeah I’m currently waiting for some of that Craig magic in my inbox.

Reactions: RedRM and TerryJ

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had the 116 BBK installed right before Christmas. Probably the only dummy who has that kind of upgrade done in the middle of winter in a cold state where you can’t ride every day!

Anyway, I had a similar issue the first couple times I tried to start it after the install. I figured it was because of the cold weather. I also had an issue the first two times I rode it where it would die when coming to a stop. It did that twice the first time I rode it, once the second, and has not done it since. Two different dealers said that the ECU would essentially “learn” for the first few miles, rides, etc and should not happen again, which is exactly what happened. No more starting or dying issues. My garage is kept around 45 in the winter.

Is yours a new install as well? Just wondering if it is a similar issue. If not, hopefully you’ll get it sorted out

Larry C

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just had the 116 BBK installed right before Christmas. Probably the only dummy who has that kind of upgrade done in the middle of winter in a cold state where you can’t ride every day!

Anyway, I had a similar issue the first couple times I tried to start it after the install. I figured it was because of the cold weather. I also had an issue the first two times I rode it where it would die when coming to a stop. It did that twice the first time I rode it, once the second, and has not done it since. Two different dealers said that the ECU would essentially “learn” for the first few miles, rides, etc and should not happen again, which is exactly what happened. No more starting or dying issues. My garage is kept around 45 in the winter.

Is yours a new install as well? Just wondering if it is a similar issue. If not, hopefully you’ll get it sorted out

Larry C
Fairly new, but I’ve got about four tanks of gas through it since the bbk install.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best kind of motorcycle magic
That’s what I’m thinking too man. I figure for the 116 with the stage 3 cams that Polaris just can’t put together an epa compliant tune that will work well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’m having a couple strange issues. One, my fuel mileage dropped to 33-34 mpg. I’d love to say that is because I’m loving that throttle, but the fact is that I’ve been babying it.
Second, and I know others have had a problem, it takes three or four tries to crank. It’s kept in a heated garage. 2019 Roadmaster. Stage 3 Polaris tune.
I also have a 116 BBK with issues after installation but craig B has turned it all around runs perfect

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! I’m pretty stoked about the fuel moto tune.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's not strange at all and entirely normal. I've got the 116 in my 20RM. Fuel mileage is sucky now too but only due to the cold. Same with cold starting and I have the stage 2 cams. Once the weather warms up the mileage goes backup to 45+ and the cold starting issues go away. I really think it's a combination of temp, cold thick oil, and winter fuel. Also had the issue with my 111 16RM. If the OP lives in a warm weather southern climate then......nevermind.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thinking of having the BBK installed this spring on my 19 RM been wondering if it’s really worth it if problems keep popping up, be nice if these little glitches resolved themselves.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,741 Posts
I'm past all of that but would consider getting a new Indian that already has the 116 in it. I think the Stage Two for it has many of the components that was in the original kit. Correct me if I am mistaken.

·
Registered
327 Posts
116 for a couple of years. Went in for a recall a while back and I lost the 116 Fuel Moto tune. I was able to reload it a few days ago and the bike really came to life.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey the tune from fuel moto just arrived! Looking forward to trying that out.

Reactions: hunter56
1 - 20 of 39 Posts