Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have dealer call me to come 600 miles round trip to pick up bike to do the recalls on fuel rail and calibration. Thinking of having Stage Two cams and wanted to find out from members on Forum if they are happy with the improvements. Did you notice the Torque increase and HP? Is there a notice in idyl with that out of sync thump of duration as the cam lobes roll? What were you cost? Did anyone have work done at Pro-Caliber? Wonder if it affects the warranty from Polaris since modifying, HD plays games in this department claiming in-house warranty which means the dealer is not liable but found dealer just looks for excuses on client who owns bike fault through operations/ oil/ maintenance/ etc. so do not want the 5year warranty with RM to be jeopardized. And input is appreciated, trying to figure out prior to having the recall work done since it is a 600mile roundtrip.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ok, no problems with Polaris warranty, yes, you can feel and hear a difference, especially with a PVCX from FM and their map. Note stg1 needs done first.......................needs to work with AC and exhaust, to perform.

·
Founding member
510 Posts
Been running stage 2 cams since last year. Love the sound and performance. No warranty issues as they're Indian parts being installed by an Indian dealer. Just had both my recalls done last week. Took less than an hour total. Good luck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE on ProCaliber Indian in Washington prices for the Stage 2 cams and thinking of doing 15k service:
ProCaliber in Washington quoted this morning $2600 for stage 2 cam/ exhaust/ airbox and that includes labor. They want $1000 to do the 15k mile service, I think this is high so looking around but letting them do the recall work since they are coming to pick up bike.

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Whoa, so the price on upgrades isn't bad but 1k for a service is way high imo

·
Registered
297 Posts
Have dealer call me to come 600 miles round trip to pick up bike to do the recalls on fuel rail and calibration. Thinking of having Stage Two cams and wanted to find out from members on Forum if they are happy with the improvements. Did you notice the Torque increase and HP? Is there a notice in idyl with that out of sync thump of duration as the cam lobes roll? What were you cost? Did anyone have work done at Pro-Caliber? Wonder if it affects the warranty from Polaris since modifying, HD plays games in this department claiming in-house warranty which means the dealer is not liable but found dealer just looks for excuses on client who owns bike fault through operations/ oil/ maintenance/ etc. so do not want the 5year warranty with RM to be jeopardized. And input is appreciated, trying to figure out prior to having the recall work done since it is a 600mile roundtrip.
Freedom true dual, S&S high flow, Stage 2 CAMs, PCV - Hp 89+ TQ 112+ Dyno tuned

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa, so the price on upgrades isn't bad but 1k for a service is way high imo
That service is the 15k maintenance where they have to take the front tubes off and turn upside down to dump fluid out. Asked them about taping a hole and drain on bike, they said they can't because of Corporate design so cost to be 1k for doing a 15k maintenance which is extensive. They said it would take them all one day and part of the next, about 12hrs. although their book on procedures by Polaris states about 8hr ProCaliber Indian states. Now for the kicker, called and spoke with Sturgis Indian where I bought bike, they state they can beat ProCaliber $2600 for stage two parts and labor, and the 15k mile service $1000 =$3600 Sturgis will do = $3200. I asked if they can sharpen pencil some more, they are to call me back later after they talk with Service Manager;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Freedom true dual, S&S high flow, Stage 2 CAMs, PCV - Hp 89+ TQ 112+ Dyno tuned
Indian never came out with what the 111 stock is in HP, did you by any chance have it dyno before doing improvements or do you know what the 111 stock is in HP?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Indian never came out with what the 111 stock is in HP, did you by any chance have it dyne before doing improvements or do you know what the 111 stock is in HP?
Yes, I got about 16 - 17 % increase in both numbers over the stock dyno, I really thought I could get more out of it but with the money spent, I said F%$( it. Many people say, "what are you after with the touring bike performance" - I say, shut up, it should be better at getting performance out of this thing - for whatever I want. And for all the naysayers, HD will take my money and I can put a stage 4 in the their bikes and the dyno numbers are out there in public - in the 100+. Anyway sorry for the rant,... wait - some will now call me a troll or demand I sell my bike ... sorry, there wasn't enough sugar in the koolaid tonight. - , But, those are the numbers that you should expect for 2K..

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Yes, I got about 16 - 17 % increase in both numbers over the stock dyno, I really thought I could get more out of it but with the money spent, I said F%$( it. Many people say, "what are you after with the touring bike performance" - I say, shut up, it should be better at getting performance out of this thing - for whatever I want. And for all the naysayers, HD will take my money and I can put a stage 4 in the their bikes and the dyno numbers are out there in public - in the 100+. Anyway sorry for the rant,... wait - some will now call me a troll or demand I sell my bike ... sorry, there wasn't enough sugar in the koolaid tonight. - , But, those are the numbers that you should expect for 2K..
I disagree in one regard only. IP hasn't hit their stride with the 111 yet. I'll think you'll see future factory builds that will smoke that number. Catch up on @Tom - AMS and his thread on the 111. This motor has some serious potential in street and track.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I disagree in one regard only. IP hasn't hit their stride with the 111 yet. I'll think you'll see future factory builds that will smoke that number. Catch up on @Tom - AMS and his thread on the 111. This motor has some serious potential in street and track.
I really hope so, in the later HD motors they design them to take your money from day 1 - I am not saying in repairs. Just an example, when this HD M8 came out a few months ago, they had a stage 1,2,3,4 kit for it - day 1. Now, my guess is that we will see a new motor out of Indian with that type of planning in the next few years - they can keep the console TV they built into the ChT and RM (that is a Joke BTW, I am sure some bought the bike because of it). With the 114 HD motor they will come to the market with a 120, this is my hope.

But yes, I do agree with you, the only hesitation that I have is Polaris is a multi-vehicle manufacture - I am not sure how the boardroom works - or whether it works the same as a pure motorcycle company. That again a concern for me only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts