Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ridden both the 105 and 111 powered bikes? If you have can you characterize the similarities and differences?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The 105 was the PowerPlus engine used in Kings Mountain Indians prior to Polaris buying the brand.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stay away! Both the engines and the bikes they are in are"stepchildren" in the eyes of Polaris.Reliability and parts availability are and will be a problem for owners of these machines. Polaris designed and engineered the new bikes for a reason.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Stay away! Both the engines and the bikes they are in are"stepchildren" in the eyes of Polaris.Reliability and parts availability are and will be a problem for owners of these machines. Polaris designed and engineered the new bikes for a reason.
I don't believe purchasing one is what he is asking. The OP is looking for opinions from riders of both to comment.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Polaris built and sold the 105pp indians, in 2012 and 2013.
the 105 feels like it has way more torque in the low revs, but some of that is maybe cause of the big crankshaft sprocket that's on it.
if you can get one at a really good price, I wouldn't be afraid of buying one.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
Polaris built and sold the 105pp indians, in 2012 and 2013.
the 105 feels like it has way more torque in the low revs, but some of that is maybe cause of the big crankshaft sprocket that's on it.
if you can get one at a really good price, I wouldn't be afraid of buying one.
New engines

V-Plus Motors

If I could get a good price I would be inclined to buy a Kings mountain .

Because of the 45 degree motor..

I was at Chester's HD yesterday in mesa AZ.. There was a Gilmore Indian there with its owner.. A lot HD guys were hanging out with him and the bike like it was a celebrity.

This same dealer sold King mountain Indians, when they were being made.
I suppose because of the price difference it Wasn't considered competition to HD.

·
Registered
970 Posts
those are Gilroy era power plus 100 motors. called V-plus because of licensing issues.
the former owner of crazy horse bought one of the sets of molds and tooling for the power plus at auction after Gilroy went belly up.
they are not the exact same as the 105 powerplus, but very close.
a v plus should easily fit in my km darkhorse frame with minor modification.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
those are Gilroy era power plus 100 motors. called V-plus because of licensing issues.
the former owner of crazy horse bought one of the sets of molds and tooling for the power plus at auction after Gilroy went belly up.
they are not the exact same as the 105 powerplus, but very close.
a v plus should easily fit in my km darkhorse frame with minor modification.
Very cool! I wasn't sure.

·
Founding member
1,505 Posts
In my opinion there were two things wrong with the KM 105. 1. Price!!! at least 30% too high. 2. Lack of dealers. I live in Central TX and this whole state is biker country. Even in the coldest days of winter if it warms up to the 50's or above, you'll see bikes all over. They had not one single dealer in TX, NM. or LA. Had to drive all the way to Tulsa. Unreal. Either bike performs well.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
In my opinion there were two things wrong with the KM 105. 1. Price!!! at least 30% too high. 2. Lack of dealers. I live in Central TX and this whole state is biker country. Even in the coldest days of winter if it warms up to the 50's or above, you'll see bikes all over. They had not one single dealer in TX, NM. or LA. Had to drive all the way to Tulsa. Unreal. Either bike performs well.
Isn't close to a HD that a HD shop could work on It??
We had a Harley dealer here selling KM

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Isn't close to a HD that a HD shop could work on It??
We had a Harley dealer here selling KM
Husky, Many HD dealerships won't work on their own bikes that are 10 years and older. Good luck on even getting an Indian in the door.
Independent shops?
Sure, and probably your riding lawnmower too.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey Hey I got it! It's six inches or at least that's what I keep telling her. The harley shop here has been helpful with an odd tire here and there on my VT1100C3 but they always tell I need a new rim spokes are rusting away. Still didn't buy a hog

Reactions: Roll On

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
Hey Hey I got it! It's six inches or at least that's what I keep telling her. The harley shop here has been helpful with an odd tire here and there on my VT1100C3 but they always tell I need a new rim spokes are rusting away. Still didn't buy a hog
Is your bike the single pin crank 45degree? .... If so you already got your hog.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes and fuller fenders as well poor mans ***** they made them from 98-02 when apparently they complied with a court ruling. I just really liked the indian but was never in the position of getting one. Hogs are dime a dozen my bike stood out a bit among the throngs of HD. I rode your bike on a test drive at the harley dealer last year very nice road king but I went with the Chieftain

Reactions: Roll On

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
Yes and fuller fenders as well poor mans ***** they made them from 98-02 when apparently they complied with a court ruling. I just really liked the indian but was never in the position of getting one. Hogs are dime a dozen my bike stood out a bit among the throngs of HD. I rode your bike on a test drive at the harley dealer last year very nice road king but I went with the Chieftain

I heard that they are fast becoming a collector bike.

What court ruling are you talking about?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have been told Harley issued a cease and desist order and Honda aid the single pin crank design was not a patent violation and Harley brought suit for the sound the motor made.

Harley vs. Honda Sabre Lawsuit Archive - The Sabrehood Forums

Honda apparently submitted and discontinued them is 2002. You can find them around 4000.00 my favorite feature was the blank gas tank with the speedo placed in the headlight.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
I have been told Harley issued a cease and desist order and Honda aid the single pin crank design was not a patent violation and Harley brought suit for the sound the motor made.

Harley vs. Honda Sabre Lawsuit Archive - The Sabrehood Forums

Honda apparently submitted and discontinued them is 2002. You can find them around 4000.00 my favorite feature was the blank gas tank with the speedo placed in the headlight.
I've got to read it, thanks.

Honda had it right and it scared the crap out of HD.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts