Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in central California where we can (and very much do) ride year round. Four years ago I sold my 1999 Honda VT750 (166,000 miles) to a friend and bought a new 2016 Indian Scout. I liked the classic looks, nimble handling, and increased power. After 26 years of teaching machine shop at a local community college, it was a retirement present to myself. My wife got a new car when she retired so there was little discussion. I had been riding 10K a year and wanted to stay with a mid-sized bagger as my primary form of transportation with the hopes of doing some serious cross country traveling. I currently have 103,000 miles on the bike and have ridden to all of the lower 48 states with plans for Alaska next spring. I do most of the maintenance myself, the exception being warranty work and valves (pain in the backside due to shim-and-bucket style). I have made some modifications to fit the bike better to fit me and how/where I ride. I am much more of a function over fashion person but life is too short to ride am ugly bike, or for that matter, hunt with an ugly gun.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did I read that right, your planning on riding your Scout to Alaska? If so, you sir are a real life badass.. Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
I live in central California where we can (and very much do) ride year round. Four years ago I sold my 1999 Honda VT750 (166,000 miles) to a friend and bought a new 2016 Indian Scout. I liked the classic looks, nimble handling, and increased power. After 26 years of teaching machine shop at a local community college, it was a retirement present to myself. My wife got a new car when she retired so there was little discussion. I had been riding 10K a year and wanted to stay with a mid-sized bagger as my primary form of transportation with the hopes of doing some serious cross country traveling. I currently have 103,000 miles on the bike and have ridden to all of the lower 48 states with plans for Alaska next spring. I do most of the maintenance myself, the exception being warranty work and valves (pain in the backside due to shim-and-bucket style). I have made some modifications to fit the bike better to fit me and how/where I ride. I am much more of a function over fashion person but life is too short to ride am ugly bike, or for that matter, hunt with an ugly gun.
Awesome. Great work and Welcome from New Zealand, home of the late, great, Burt Munro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts