Administrator
20,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here’s our 100k mi Scout rider

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And tell us if any major issues etc. We also had one guy post about his fuel pump going out at 135k mi but I do not recall who it was.

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had 100K on my 2014 Chieftain when I traded it for my 2019 Chieftain which now has turned 39K. You guys just have to get out and do some lunch runs.
Do you have any odometer photos of your 2014 or trade-in paperwork showing your mileage ? Methinks cumulative mileage on your Indian machines qualifies...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you have any odometer photos of your 2014 or trade-in paperwork showing your mileage ? Methinks cumulative mileage on your Indian machines qualifies...
Yippee that means I qualify Pics tomorrow

·
260 Posts
The only odometer photo I have of my 2014 was when the kickstand was replaced under a recall at 89,815 miles. I'll have to try and figure out how to post it, along with my 2019 current mileage.
Other than the TPMS issues and recalls, no problems on the 2014 . I did have to change the fork seals at 92K.
The 2019 has not been back to the shop even for the gear position recall. Tires, oil and spark plug changes done on my own.

·
Founding member
1,276 Posts
@HINK you must be close on yours.... Life has slowed me down a bit, but we did roll over 89k last night on our Wednesday dinner ride.

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@HINK you must be close on yours.... Life has slowed me down a bit, but we did roll over 89k last night on our Wednesday dinner ride.
Only 87k here. It’s been a low-mileage year and having a disabled son contributes to that — long trips take some logistical juggling for daycare etc.

Next year I bet we have a ton of people who join the club!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here is my Speedo on my 15 RM which is almost 90K. My 16 RM has 20K miles as you can tel I can't prove the miles until my new paint is finished
Gauge Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm at 106,000 now on my 2014 chieftain. My picture is from my ride to Sturgis and back with 3,649 miles and 105,000 miles. I've had to replace the clutch twice do to my aggressive riding. Also had to replace my starter since it went out 1,000 miles before I got home. Had to push start from Cody wyoming to washington. Oh and changed out fork seals at about 96,000 miles. Other than that I do all of my own services. I use amsoil. No regrets with my decision on buying my chieftain.

Attachments

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
I'm at 106,000 now on my 2014 chieftain. My picture is from my ride to Sturgis and back with 3,649 miles and 105,000 miles. I've had to replace the clutch twice do to my aggressive riding. Also had to replace my starter since it went out 1,000 miles before I got home. Had to push start from Cody wyoming to washington. Oh and changed out fork seals at about 96,000 miles. Other than that I do all of my own services. I use amsoil. No regrets with my decision on buying my chieftain.
Congrats

·
Bronze member
1,675 Posts
Some serious (s)miles....that's for sure!!!! Nice to know these bikes/engines have been built to last. Between my 6 bikes over 22 years, I have close to 190,000 miles, but I know that doesn't count here.....as those miles should be on ONE bike/odo. Congrats to the 100K mile club!!! Southern riders are at an advantage....they get to ride year round. Us northern clime riders only get a good 8 months or so....sometimes less if winter comes early....and sticks around late!!! Stay safe....lot of idiots behind those 4-wheel windshields!!!!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,048 Posts
Here in Northwestern Ohio I usually get about 7 months of riding per year. Sometimes eight. Some years have had mild winters where I have taken rides. I never seem to keep a bike long enough to accumulate that many miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts