Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rider
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics of these installed on their scout?

10" REAPER APE HANGER CUSTOM HANDLEBARS FOR INDIAN SCOUT

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Anyone have pics of these installed on their scout?

10" REAPER APE HANGER CUSTOM HANDLEBARS FOR INDIAN SCOUT
Are you talking about the Reapers from FMB Choppers?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Sometimes I wish I would've gone with the 12" risers myself. I went with the 10" because I wasn't going to do all rewiring until winter time.
With the 12“, you can still use the stock cables. Anything over 12" you'll need to extend the cables.

·
Registered
88 Posts
With the 12“, you can still use the stock cables. Anything over 12" you'll need to extend the cables.
I thought I had seen anything over 10" risers you would need to extend the wires and cables. Well, guess I shouldve done a little more research lol

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Nope.. you can do 12". That's the Max though it will work. Even had the electrical ran inside the bars. ツ

·
Rider
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scout max is 10 inch according to David at FMB and that's what the description states.
* with a 10" rise on a standard scout the stock cables will work.
I went with what they told me since i'm on a 60 with stock cables.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
He told me that too until I actually tried it. ツ. You can do 12 with stock cables. But that would be the Max.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nope.. you can do 12". That's the Max though it will work. Even had the electrical ran inside the bars. ツ
My clutch cable seemed to be getting a bit tight off of the 10" risers. What kind of magic are you working with that you were able to get the electrical inside the 12" risers and no issues with the cables.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Scout max is 10 inch according to David at FMB and that's what the description states.
* with a 10" rise on a standard scout the stock cables will work.
I went with what they told me since i'm on a 60 with stock cables.
I have the scout abs and thats why I went with the 10" as well. I had read a few different places that stated that was the max on a standard scout. I believe the bobber needs extended cables even for 10" risers.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
My clutch cable seemed to be getting a bit tight off of the 10" risers. What kind of magic are you working with that you were able to get the electrical inside the 12" risers and no issues with the cables.
THERE IT IS! Was waiting for you to ask my brother! LOL......
Long story short.. did not need to get longer cables. What I did was just re-routing the existing cables to fit. And I mean just barely made it.
For the electrical.. yes.. soldered in 6" extensions giving it plenty room. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
THERE IT IS! Was waiting for you to ask my brother! LOL......
Long story short.. did not need to get longer cables. What I did was just re-routing the existing cables to fit. And I mean just barely made it.
For the electrical.. yes.. soldered in 6" extensions giving it plenty room. :)
I knew you were on to something lol I even considered rerouting my clutch cable with the 10" risers since it was getting tight but it seems to fit just fine now. I'l be doing the wires through the bars in the winter months. Not sure if I'll have to solder any extensions on it but I think I will just for peace of mind that they won't break when moving the handlebars.

·
Rider
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine barely fit at 10 inch. I couldn't fit 12 on my setup. I'm only 5'7" so 10 is a good fit for me. Very happy at that rise height.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts