Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want these. But my dealer is telling me I need the clutch cable kit. The website says I don’t (2020 sixty bobber non abs) but the dealer says the cables on my bike are too short to accomodate the scout bobber with mini apes.

someone help. Anyone installed the 10” apes on their scout sixty bobber and found that the factory cables were fine?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
My dealer told me that Scouts do not need the cable kit for the 10” mini apes. I’m kinda surprised there’s this much confusion? Now I really want to know who’s right and who’s wrong.

·
Premium Member
2020 Scout Bobber
311 Posts
I installed the 10" bars the other day on my Sixty non ABS. I tried not using the cables, but they are too short. You might get them to reach as long as you don't want to turn. Also ended up replacing the brake line also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the normal scouts don’t need the cable kit, the stock ones are long enough. But the bobbers have shorter ones, you will need the cable kit on the bobber

·
Rider
943 Posts
Required Sold Separately These handlebars will only fit Indian® Scout® Bobber with ABS with the additional purchase of a Clutch Cable and Brake Line Kit (2883864, sold separately). Indian® Scout® Bobber without ABS will require Clutch Cable and Brake Line Kit (2883406, sold separately).

·
Registered
182 Posts
The stock 60 (not bobber) bars even though they are rotated back have a rise of about 8" if you were to rotate them upright. So the apes at 10" are only 2" longer and don't need cables to be installed....suposedly

I have the apes coming for my 2016 60 non abs. The bend in the apes must be a lot different to install them more upright and be comfortable. Otherwise you could just rotate the stock bars forward and be close.

When I got the bike I rotated the bars back a little as they were not comfortable rotated forward.

If I can before I install the apes I will see if I can take a pic of the 2 bars together and see what the difference is.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive lighting

·
Registered
93 Posts
The angle of your wrists with the stock bars is to weird for me. Installed 1920's beach bar, but, may be trying 10" mini apes. When they are in production.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed the 10" bars the other day on my Sixty non ABS. I tried not using the cables, but they are too short. You might get them to reach as long as you don't want to turn. Also ended up replacing the brake line also.
perfect. Just what I wanted to hear.Thank you!! Indian needs to update their website

1 - 10 of 10 Posts