Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is been one year today! Dec 17th, 2014 I picked up my new best friend from Lincoln NE, good dealership. Sold my HD to buy it. This is the best motorcycle I have ever owned.

I have 8,454 miles on it. Got in several nice trips this year around Colorado and the highlight would include a Colorado to Utah to Idaho to Wyoming and back home to Colorado this summer.

After a very rocky start (First Run Scout shipment delays - first-world problem, right?), I put own many miles and learned to really love the bike, the way it responds, handles the curves, accelerates, the speed, the fun and yes, some limitations. Got all my accessories in but I did swap for a heated Corbin seat, much improved windshield design from Freedom Windshields, installed a Trask superflow air filter (highly recommend), and Dobeck EJK which is currently in the mail from MT.

I would ride today to celebrate but the roads are packed with snow and high today is 23.
It's Colorado, wait and week and we might see the 50s next week (I hope)

A few out there have passed there One Year, many are almost here....I remember those days, anticipation.....share if you wish

Dec 17 2014.jpg

Dec 17, 2014 - Lincoln NE - picking up my Scout :)

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
It is been one year today! Dec 17th, 2014 I picked up my new best friend from Lincoln NE, good dealership. Sold my HD to buy it. This is the best motorcycle I have ever owned.

I have 8,454 miles on it. Got in several nice trips this year around Colorado and the highlight would include a Colorado to Utah to Idaho to Wyoming and back home to Colorado this summer.

After a very rocky start (First Run Scout shipment delays - first-world problem, right?), I put own many miles and learned to really love the bike, the way it responds, handles the curves, accelerates, the speed, the fun and yes, some limitations. Got all my accessories in but I did swap for a heated Corbin seat, much improved windshield design from Freedom Windshields, installed a Trask superflow air filter (highly recommend), and Dobeck EJK which is currently in the mail from MT.

I would ride today to celebrate but the roads are packed with snow and high today is 23.

A few out there have passed there One Year, many are almost here....I remember those days, anticipation.....share if you wish

View attachment 28183
Good thread Buddy! I will be adding my two cents worth next year.Alpal

Reactions: DTyndale

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Hey Congratulations on the scout anniversary :) will open a bottle of wine and go sit in the spa to celebrate it for you..
Ain't he the kind hearted one! And generous too!

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 28183
I remember Nebraska, spent 15 years there. I am glad to say I will be riding my new Scout to work today and I'm equally happy to see that you are still happy with the Scout

·
Registered
50 Posts

View attachment 28183
Happy Anniversary!!
My bikes anniversary is 24 December, so I bought it a Freedom windshield medium tint and a set of Memphis Shades lowers mounted them today

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy Anniversary!!
My bikes anniversary is 24 December, so I bought it a Freedom windshield medium tint and a set of Memphis Shades lowers mounted them today
Congratulations! My you and your bike have many more happy years together

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I let mine pass right by without acknowledging it.
do you think the old gal will forgive me for forgetting her birthday?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I let mine pass right by without acknowledging it.
do you think the old gal will forgive me for forgetting her birthday?
Wow, you forgot her special day!

I think you have brought her enough gifts this year, (Freedom windshield, Trask, tank pouch, saddlebags, etc), that you might get off the hook. Maybe take her out, rub some Meguiars wax on her, ethanol free gas or something to make it up to her :)

Reactions: JayFL459

·
10,006 Posts

I think you have brought her enough gifts this year, (Freedom windshield, Trask, tank pouch, saddlebags, etc), that you might get off the hook. Maybe take her out, rub some Meguiars wax on her, ethanol free gas or something to make it up to her :)
Yeah, the ethanol free gas sounds good.
Did a lookup on the internet.... closest is 120 miles away, I will enjoy the trip.
Although I wont have any of it left in the tank when I get back. :(

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

If not for Ronnie the aftermarket industry in the States would have gone broke this year,.......true!,.......

·
10,006 Posts
If not for Ronnie the aftermarket industry in the States would have gone broke this year,.......true!,.......
How true, how true! LOL!

And....... I'm probably not through yet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts