Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had zero problems with 2018 RM. 7,500miles. Couple days ago Wife and I were riding and when I gave it a little throttle after pulling away from an intersection it stumbled a few times but smoothed out once I was past 2,000 rpm like it had bad gas but had already ran 100+ miles on that tank. After that it was ok until the next day. I had topped the fuel off and even though it ran smooth, it felt like it wasn't as responsive as it should be. I haven't had a chance to ride it again since then. Does it sound like bad fuel ? Any other ideas ?

·
Rider
589 Posts
Gas stations, older ones. Use a stick to check gas and they coat it with powder, often whatever is at hand this accumulates at the bottom you get a dreg draw you get bad gas. Ethanol gas attracts water also causing this.

·
Bronze member
2,702 Posts
Had a buddy that filled up and got bad gas. He made it about a mile before having to stop and wound up trailering the bike to the dealer to have the fuel filter cleaned. Gas stations have filters, so I’m not sure how the trash made it thru to his tank. I guess if a station hadn’t changed their filter, it was damaged, or they removed it, this could happen.

·
Bronze member
3,468 Posts
sounds like debris in the tank and it's getting sucked up into the filter stopping 100% flow then when you stop it floats away and starts all over later.. back in the 70's when there was a conflict between two asshats (around here) one would put a cat tail (the plant kind) in the others tank.. it would swell up and be sucked into the fuel intake... stopping the car.. then after the car stopped and the other guy tried to figure out what was wrong it would float away only to start all over again..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts