Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Scout Bobber
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, have a couple questions as I work through building a custom exhaust on my 2020 scout bobber. OEM pipes are gone so I have to add 02 bungs into the new. Indian dealership ordered me these bungs in the pics, but they are too thick for the 02 sensor to exit the end of the bung. They are about flush which is not how they were in OEM pipe. Is this acceptable or do they need to protrude OUT of the bung?

My other question deals with the end of my new exhaust pipe. I am going to slash cut the vertical pipe at 45° Now I know it's odd but would facing the slash cut forward on the bike so that when riding, wind would blow "into" the cut/pipe would that hurt or hinder exhaust pressure trying to exit with wind potentially fighting it.

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Rim Metal

Hand Nail Gas Thumb Auto part

·
Registered
169 Posts
^^^^ this

you can always go to the hardware store and just buy 2 nuts and weld the nuts into the exhaust. That’s what I do when I have to weld in a bung. Those bungs are expensive. Cost ya 2 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.