Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride an ‘01 Chief, I was going to build my wife an Indian trike. But ended up with a Goldwing instead. I bought several front and rear Chief fenders from Gilroy, plus head lights and nazles, front forks and triple trees and various assorted parts. Also have an unregistered unstamped 2004 Scout/Spirt rolling chassis

·
Silver member
5,309 Posts
And...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A couple of weeks ago I listed a lot of the parts I have in a reply to someone, I also posted a couple of pictures. I don’t know what happened to any of it. I’ll have to go through and get another list together. Give a couple of days, cause I didn’t save the last one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are the Chief body parts compatible with the Scout?
In particular, the front fender. My father-in-law's '01 Scout has a 'bobbed' chrome fender & it would definitely be an improvement to get the headdress fender on it again.
Same on the teardrop headlight, his has a generic round unit (that works really well at night) but would look better closer to OE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In particular, the front fender. My father-in-law's '01 Scout has a 'bobbed' chrome fender & it would definitely be an improvement to get the headdress fender on it again.
Same on the teardrop headlight, his has a generic round unit (that works really well at night) but would look better closer to OE.
Unfortunately I only have a front fender for my roller scout/spirit. And I don’t have a headlight bucket, just headlight assembly for chiefs. Sorry

·
Silver member
5,309 Posts
No the fenders are not compatible. The Scouts and Spirits used a Paoli fork with a two bolt connection welded to the tubes. The Chiefs used a 3 bolt pattern that was molded into the forks.

But you can still find Scout fenders. Let me know if you need one and I can send you to the right places to find them...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ride an ‘01 Chief, I was going to build my wife an Indian trike. But ended up with a Goldwing instead. I bought several front and rear Chief fenders from Gilroy, plus head lights and nazles, front forks and triple trees and various assorted parts. Also have an unregistered unstamped 2004 Scout/Spirt rolling chassis
I'm searching for a rear fender and rear brake light / turn signal assembly for a 2001 chief

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm searching for a rear fender and rear brake light / turn signal assembly for a 2001 chief
I have both, The fenders I have are raw sheet metal, I do not have the fender strut (mounting frame) that the fender welds to, nor does it have the taillight mounting bracket. I’ll take $500.00 Plus shipping. My number is 541/218-3276, my name is Buck. I have a taillight assembly in the box but I need to make sure it’s complete.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have both, The fenders I have are raw sheet metal, I do not have the fender strut (mounting frame) that the fender welds to, nor does it have the taillight mounting bracket. I’ll take $500.00 Plus shipping. My number is 541/218-3276, my name is Buck. I have a taillight assembly in the box but I need to make sure it’s complete.
If you are interested text me or call me cause l trued to put pictures on this reply and I have no idea what happened to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am rebuilding a 2002 Gilroy Chief. Am looking for a coil, starter and regulator. Would you happen to have any of these parts? Thanks, Robert

·
Silver member
5,309 Posts
Hey man, what year Indian fenders do you have I need possibly front and rear for an 01 chief and I'm also searching for the back tail light assembly
Keep searching and you will find the fenders, however the taillight will be tough to find. Aurora is no longer around so finding a used one is tough. I sold one that I had two years ago, brand new in the box. I charged the guy 300.00, but he sent me 350.00 as he was so excited to find a brand new one in the box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts