Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride an ‘01 Chief, I was going to build my wife an Indian trike. But ended up with a Goldwing instead. I bought several front and rear Chief fenders from Gilroy, plus head lights and nazles, front forks and triple trees and various assorted parts. Also have an unregistered unstamped 2004 Scout/Spirt rolling chassis

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
And...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A couple of weeks ago I listed a lot of the parts I have in a reply to someone, I also posted a couple of pictures. I don’t know what happened to any of it. I’ll have to go through and get another list together. Give a couple of days, cause I didn’t save the last one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are the Chief body parts compatible with the Scout?
In particular, the front fender. My father-in-law's '01 Scout has a 'bobbed' chrome fender & it would definitely be an improvement to get the headdress fender on it again.
Same on the teardrop headlight, his has a generic round unit (that works really well at night) but would look better closer to OE.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In particular, the front fender. My father-in-law's '01 Scout has a 'bobbed' chrome fender & it would definitely be an improvement to get the headdress fender on it again.
Same on the teardrop headlight, his has a generic round unit (that works really well at night) but would look better closer to OE.
Unfortunately I only have a front fender for my roller scout/spirit. And I don’t have a headlight bucket, just headlight assembly for chiefs. Sorry

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
No the fenders are not compatible. The Scouts and Spirits used a Paoli fork with a two bolt connection welded to the tubes. The Chiefs used a 3 bolt pattern that was molded into the forks.

But you can still find Scout fenders. Let me know if you need one and I can send you to the right places to find them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts