Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your Springfield today ?

374K views 3K replies 303 participants last post by  Moose328 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would start a new thread for Springfield owners on what they did to their Spingfield for the day or previously Feel free to post pics, love to see them.
Here's mine.
After a few hours in the garage, time well spent by the way. I added Vance & Hines Slipons, Rear Fender Bumper to Match the Front Fender Bumper. Pinnacle Solo Grab Rail to match the Solo Luggage Rack, and Black Leather Fork bag. Previously I installed the Chrome Thunder A/C, not a big fan of the stock A/C. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think the Chrome Saddle bag protectors are next on the list.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

See less See more
#214 ·
View attachment 355506
Installed Dobeck EJK, Samson cans w/Indian shark tails.
Not to be lame and reply to my own post, BUT....I just hit 700mi. tonight and I goosed it from a stop while pulling out from a gas station. I'm not sure if it's because I've been doing the whole break in process or what, but this thing hauls balls when you ring it's neck! I really noticed the gobs of torque the 111 has tonight. My S&S intake should be here Monday and I can't wait to see how much of a difference opening up the front end will make now that I have the aftermarket cans on the back side. These Springfield's are the real deal!

#215 ·
Installed my new shield today. To me, looks a little more stylish than the original which looked like a big sail, imo. Not to say anything about the thin, flimsy, CRACKED... well maybe say a little about it. [shifty] Took a short ride between rain showers and it does what it's suppose to do. Hopefully you can see the re-curve. I'll add more later.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Vintage car Classic

#218 ·
Soon to be installing the Indian saddlebag audio system to my 2016 Springfield. I have all of the components except the new saddlebag lids. Going to the dealer later today/tonight to make an exchange of my Thunder Black solid saddle bag lids for the OEM (Thunder Black) ones with the pre-molded speaker opening already in them. After that, I'll get to install the audio/speaker system on the bike.... :cool:

Attachments

#219 ·
OK, I have the new speaker saddlebag lids on and the Indian speakers, wiring harness, etc., installed but I still have to wait on the Springfield saddlebag amp to make it work...:(

#226 · (Edited)
It'll be a while before I install them. I'm holding off til I have the funds and painter to add the black and gold pinstripe to my bike to match these lids. Hopefully over the winter.
That amp (in your photo above) that mounts underneath the seat won't work with the Springfield. It's made for the Chieftain model, trust me I know. Take a look at the amp itself, if it doesn't have an aux output jack it won't work on your Springfield. I had first purchased the Indian Motorcycle OEM Saddlebag Concert Audio System Kit 2879816-156 and the amp isn't made to work or communicate with the Springfield models. I had to purchase the Indian Motorcycle Springfield™ Saddle Bag Audio Kit - 2881782. The amp for this kit mounts inside the saddlebag and has the aux output jack so you can connect to your iPhone, iPod, etc., to it.

I already have the new speaker lids and speakers on my bike, I have to remove the amp and wire harness I already installed to re-install the other (Saddle Bag Audio Kit - 2881782) kit with the correct amp and wire harness I had to purchase. Should be getting the correct amp via Fedex by (Friday) tomorrow.

#229 · (Edited)
I don't know as of yet how they sound or in the wind, but since the new amp will be delivered today according to Fedex tracking. I will be able to give you a full report after I try them out this weekend....:cool:

I should have the amp installed and working by no later than this Friday night after work, the real test will be listening to it while traveling at different speeds on Saturday morning.

#238 ·
Picked up my first Indian. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#241 ·
Went to install the Stage 1 mufflers & fishtails today and realized that I was shipped Stage 1's for the Chief -- No brackets on the pipes for hardbags. Already sold the OEMs and gotta ship tomorrow so bike's out of commission til the dealer can get the right pipes to me. Argh!!!

#245 ·
Got my PVCX in the mail today :D. I raced home from work to get it and send the file to FuelMoto before they left for the day. Jamie and the gang at @fuelmoto are TOP NOTCH!. Sent them the file 20 minutes before they closed and caught Jamie on the phone before he left for the day. 5 minutes later and I had my file all ready to be flashed.

I bought my PowerVision for my Harley from FuelMoto also. Can't say enough good things about their customer service!

"Butt dyno" says YEEEEEEHHHaaaa... [woot]

#248 ·
View attachment 358860 So my BAM sticks came in yesterday. I got the zombie baffles and threw on the Indian fish tails. Folks weren’t lying about these being some loud slip ons! More or less straight pipes. Dare I say maybe too loud! Like your neighbors might file a petition loud. Then again I wanted loud.
I've been tempted to order some BAM sticks... Decided NOT to go with the Zombie baffles simply because I didn't want to be un-godly loud and really just want to be a step up from stock. Looking at the 2.5" baffles. Still haven't ordered them for some reason. I've put them in my cart at least 3 times and haven't hit SUBMIT ORDER

#250 ·
Raised the handlebars on my Springfield today. Probably too much, but I'm not taking it all apart to lower them. Some what of a pain to do by yourself, but I got it done. I do like the bars up higher than stock. Seems to be more comfortable and handles better.

Reactions: photoguy
#251 ·
Finally did it... Ugh... spending money stresses me out for some reason. Bought the TAB Performance mufflers with the 2.5" baffles. Also bought the K&P oil filter from TAB. The only OTHER thing I want to do to my bike is to send my 2-1 header section to American Custom and have them put in their "Power Block" or whatever they call it. The heat from the cat is better after using the FM flash on my PVCX, but this would put the nail in the coffin on the heat issue.

#252 ·
What I did to my Springfield was laid it down on the ground for a rest...
Picture this:
A coffee at my regular cafe seemed like a good idea after a lovely 50km morning ride.
Went to leave and my foot slipped slightly as I was getting ready to take off - and I now get how heavy these suckers are.
Once it past that tipping point, it was all over - literally...
It laid down softly on its right side and thankfully the crash bars saved the day.
Minor scratches to them and a slight scratch on the bottom of the right hard-bag.
It took some effort to pick her up, but I managed.
My nervous laughter thinly disguised my significant emabarrassment.
Not quite the cool look I was imagining.
All part of the journey, but man was it a red face morning...
Thank goodness I elected for a bike with crash bars.
Confession over!

#367 ·
What I did to my Springfield was laid it down on the ground for a rest...
Picture this:
A coffee at my regular cafe seemed like a good idea after a lovely 50km morning ride.
Went to leave and my foot slipped slightly as I was getting ready to take off - and I now get how heavy these suckers are.
Once it past that tipping point, it was all over - literally...
It laid down softly on its right side and thankfully the crash bars saved the day.
Minor scratches to them and a slight scratch on the bottom of the right hard-bag.
It took some effort to pick her up, but I managed.
My nervous laughter thinly disguised my significant emabarrassment.
Not quite the cool look I was imagining.
All part of the journey, but man was it a red face morning...
Thank goodness I elected for a bike with crash bars.
Confession over!
No worries my Brother these things do happen and those crash bars worth "gold" in such times. Glad you and the bike are fine carry on and enjoy the rides.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.