TopCoat F11

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by indian_dreamer, Apr 20, 2017.

1. indian_dreamer

indian_dreamer Member

Anyone used this stuff? Thoughts about it's performance?

2. MikeMPGH

MikeMPGH Bronze Member

I use it on the bike and truck. It does what it claims. Put it on and don't use soap anymore.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. arnoldl

arnoldl Junior Member

I use it.

The pros: It works great! On the bike, the trailer, the cars, helmets, etc.
    The cons include: It's expensive! It took a couple of weeks for my first order to ship. My last order has not shipped and it's going on 4 weeks since I ordered. I've emailed them twice with no reply. Yesterday, I attempted contact via PayPal, since I paid for my order through them. I've still not heard back. They have my money, I have no product...

4. RBinTEX

RBinTEX Platinum Member

I have a question.... can or do you put it on the tires and how does it effect the tire grip?
    I watched all the video's about cars and all the surfaces, but get kind of oochie thinking about how it would effect the tires.

5. JayFL459

JayFL459 Gold Member

Think Would leave the tires alone with Top Coat and the Seat as well, is pretty Slick Stuff .. I just received my kit .. The $60.00 one and does a Pretty Nice Job .. Is far easier to apply than a Wax Job ( My Saddlebag Lids were Done with Maguires Wax and if Look Close they do shine a Bit Better ) In a Nutshell if this stuff lasts, Holds Up for a Decent Period, and most Important makes wiping the bugs off easier as it claims may buy more .. Will Follow Up when know these things .. Pic Included after just applying it .. Just did the Victory for now to see how well it does, Figured that was the real Test on a Bike near 5 Years Old with 80,000 Miles .. If Like it the Dyna is Next .. Saving the Scout for Last ..

topcoat.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. arnoldl

arnoldl Junior Member

I avoid the tires, brakes and leather. I don't think it would hurt any of that, but I just don't do it. I DO use it on the windshields, chrome, paint, plastics, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. JayFL459

JayFL459 Gold Member

Only One Thing goes on my Brake Pads and Rotors and that's Brake Cleaner .. And on the Rotors I Spray it on a Towel and Wipe Only ..

8. Ingle51

Ingle51 Member

I've been using Top Coat and it does what it claims. I was amazed at how easy it removed resin drops that I'm plagued with from the trees around here. Once my bike, car, truck has been treated stuff just slides off without harming the paint. Avoid motorcycle tires, the last thing you want is slick tires on your bike.

I forgot to mention that my wife's Mustang is white and bugs love the front end. Since I started using Top Coat I can just rinse them off using only water with very little scrubbing. Before Top Coat the bugs were quite a chore to clean off. It also works like Rain-X on glass so rain showers are less of a bother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MikeMPGH

MikeMPGH Bronze Member

I have used it on the leather, it brings out more color. Surprisingly, the saddle did not get slippery like with Armour All. I avoid the tires.

10. MikeMPGH

MikeMPGH Bronze Member

When I ordered mine and it still had not shipped after 10 days I also emailed them to see what was going on. They actually called me and said they were having a hard time getting bottles to put the product in from their supplier. 3 days later I had my order. I think they are a very small operation and just can't keep up with the way it has exploded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JayFL459

JayFL459 Gold Member

Good Info to Pass On on this Thread but will stick with Mink Oil .. That is the Original OEM Seat on the Victory nearly 5 years and 80K Miles of Brutal Sun and Monsoon Rains that was never Covered when Traveling and Still Looks near New unless truly do a very close up Inspection ..

• Like Like x 1
  12. JayFL459

JayFL459 Gold Member

Took Me at Least 3 Weeks Maybe 4 Before Received Mine but they Advertising the shit out of it and will be a High Demand when do that .. I Agree it's Expensive , Will have to be Totally Impressed with it before Order Anymore

13. arnoldl

arnoldl Junior Member

It's addicting. I'm just about out and can't get it replaced quickly enough. I probably shouldn't use it so often...

• Like Like x 1
  14. JayFL459

JayFL459 Gold Member

Would Surely Hope it does not need Frequent Coatings or will be looking for another alternatives at what it Costs 1 Gallon is $ 200.00 .. That better be enough to do all my Vehicles ( Car, Truck, and 3 Motorcycles ) for a Year at least ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DanielG

DanielG Junior Member

I used it a month ago on my bike including the bags, seat, and whitewall on the tires. I appreciate the protection on the windshield because it makes bug removal pretty easy. I'm going to do it again in a couple of weeks to make sure everything is covered for the Arizona summer. I'm considering buying the larger refill size but the price is pretty steep.

• Agree Agree x 1