Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Polaris Plans to Win with Victory AND Indian

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dmk 
#1 ·

Where better to fire a shot across the V-twin industry’s bow than at the 75th Daytona Bike Week bash? After unveiling the Octane and Stealth Victory motorcycles to dealers and the media, Bike Week will see a substantial public push on the reinvigorated brand, along with the Hooligan Indian Scout Sixty dirt trackers rolling into the beachside biker’s mecca, and it is clear that Polaris planned to crash what had basically been a private Harley party for decades. Throw in the announcement of an AMA Pro Flat Track racing legal 750cc powerplant and it looks like the Indian vs. Harley rivalry is back!

“Bike Week kicks off the riding season and serves as the perfect place to showcase our modern American muscle with the all-new Victory Octane – the lightest, most powerful and quickest Victory Motorcycle ever produced,” says Steve Menneto, president of motorcycles for Polaris Industries. “Victory’s goal this year is to highlight the outstanding performance of all of our models, and Victory’s activities and displays in Daytona are the perfect place to see how we’re pushing the performance envelope.”

Built around Victory’s fist liquid-cooled powerplant, the performance envelope Menneto mentions is pushed by a 1200cc dual overhead cam/four-valve that revs out past 8,000 rpm. With 104 hp on tap and weighing just 528 pounds, Victory says the Octane has the quickest quarter-mile time and is the fastest from 0-60 mph of any motorcycle they have made. The price is right, too – just $10,499.

Providing the tunes for Victory’s Daytona party is the loudest Bagger in the business. Despite the stealth gray paint, the Magnum X-1 makes a real impression courtesy of its 200-watt 10-speaker audio system, 21” billet front wheel, LED lights and a new lower price (MSRP of $23,499). According to Victory, “This may be the only motorcycle on the market that attracts custom fans and concert groupies. Riders will have a chance to enjoy the Magnum X-1 at the first big party of the season during Daytona Beach Bike Week, where it will be one of the featured demo models in the company display.”

Coinciding with Polaris’ Victory party is the Indian Motorcycle uprising. America’s first motorcycle company invited race fans to witness the Roland Sands Design SuperHooligan Indian Scout Sixty dirt trackers in action during the 75th Anniversary of Daytona Bike Week. Following on the heels of IV League Flat Track races in California, the RSD SuperHooligan Indian Scout Sixty race bikes went on tour leading up toDaytona, with races at The One Show and Mama Tried (in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, no less… sending a message to the V-twin competition?).

Continue reading at motorcyclepowersportsnews.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I've been seeing more tv ads for the Indian scout lately. I have not seen any HD ads lately, but then again I very rarely see HD ads.

#5 ·
I keep my opinions on the Scout to myself. It is not a bike that I am interested in but many people love it. I better get my fire suit on too.

#8 ·
I can't believe they stuck full forward foot controls on that 'Octane' thing, nothing like a 'C clamp' rider position on a wannabe cafe racer to look stupid, as well as crippling yourself trying to ride it more than twenty miles at a stretch.

(If you want to find me, I'll be ducking for cover behind the couch)

[nailbiting]

#9 ·
All those bikes are to small for me. My wife says i look like a monkey f-----g a football on my Fatbob and it is larger than both the bikes being discussed.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.