Polaris announcement

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dark Horse Phil, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Dark Horse Phil

Dark Horse Phil Junior Member

2. Chas

Chas Member

And if Polaris doesn't get their head outta their ass and deal with the issues with the Indian, It'll
    probably be next...Time will tell

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SaddleTramp

SaddleTramp Junior Member

It sad to see a brand die but I understand the reasoning behind it. Polaris is manufacturing two different brands that are ultimately making the same thing and competing against each other. Customers are gravitating to one side of the showroom floor while the other side is becoming waisted space. I personally did not think Victory would be able to survive long after the introduction of Indian.

Victory was marginally successful until Indian came along and pretty much took the motorcycle cruiser market by storm. Victory, as inovating and refreshing to have another choice was, never really was any competition against Harley Davidson while on the other hand Indian is.

I'm glad Victory came along when it did. I believe Victory hade a huge influence on Indian and if it weren't for the knowledge and experience that Victory gave Polaris, Indian wouldn't exist.

$0.02

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dark Horse Phil

Yes I would agree
    My Perth dealership have sold quite a few Victorys since opening in October last year however the Indian sales have out stripped them 3 to 1
    What now for the dealers?
    Time will tell I suppose

5. SaddleTramp

SaddleTramp Junior Member

I'm surprised a lot more people, especially ones considerin a Victory, couldn't see this coming. We have a dealership here that sells both Victory and Indian and on more then one occasion I've gone in and seen most of the Indians sold while they still had the same Victorys sitting collecting dust.

Plus, even though Victory has been around for a while now, while Indian just got started, I see more Indians on the road or at rallies than Victorys.

Over at the VOG site most of them are really livid a Polaris's decision and stating that they'll never buy another Polaris product. I really don't think Polaris is going to loose any customers unless they do something stoopid like jack up the prices on Indians.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dark Horse Phil

My Dealership in Perth has sold all Victorys that were left in store to customers wanting a "collectors item"
    Im sure now the shop will be divided with Scouts on one side and 111s on the other ?
    I would hope to think prices would stabilize or reduce now more so with accessories and servicing of Indians
    Time will tell...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kriss

Kriss Senior Member

Be nice if the price's came down.

• Like Like x 1