Phoenix Mile Results....no suprises!

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle News' started by WERA689, May 15, 2017.

1. WERA689

WERA689 Administrator Staff Member Moderating

Cycle News Staff | May 14, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Photo courtesy American Flat Track/Mitch Friedman

PHOENIX, Ariz. (May 13, 2017) – The Indian Wrecking Crew once again lived up to its moniker in the fourth round of the 2017 American Flat Track championship. The trio of factory riders secured a dominant sweep of the AFT Twins presented by Vance & Hines podium at the Law Tigers Arizona Mile presented by Indian Motorcycle.

Leading the charge around Turf Paradise was reigning Grand National Champion Bryan Smith. Smith drew upon every last ounce of his trademark Mile magic to position his No. 1 Indian Motorcycle Racing backed by Allstate Scout FTR750 ahead of the identical No. 6 Indian Scout FTR750 of Brad Baker at the checkered flag by a scant 0.057 seconds.

Following two red flags and with the sun quickly headed to the horizon, the AFT Twins presented by Vance & Hines Main Event was reconfigured into a dramatic five-lap shootout. At the second and final restart, Baker again resumed his place at the front of the field and appeared well on his way to grabbing his first victory of 2017. However, Smith had other ideas, ducking down the inside at the opening of the penultimate lap and held strong from there.

“It was a little bit of strategy,” Smith said. “I just sat on Brad’s rear tire, and luckily it worked out where I got by him with two to go. I went on by him and had just enough where I was a little bit better, mostly off of (Turn) 2.”

2017 American Flat Track Arizona Mile Results - Cycle News

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. PakRat

PakRat Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. IMARIDER

IMARIDER Senior Member

They will win every race this year.