New Mexico Wisdom/Advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CavemanHHH, Jan 10, 2017.

1. CavemanHHH

CavemanHHH Super Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

IMG_0044.JPG Ok brother Indian riders of New Mexico. I am looking at moving to the Sandia mountains outside of Albuquerque. Yes Caveman is thinking of leaving the lovely mountainous Colorado. The view above is 4-5 months a year, but the view below is the rest of the year.
    IMG_0591.JPG
    Advice on areas to live
    Areas not to live
    Problems we may face i.e. Water, internet availability, taxes, cost. Affordability of the area. I have an agent, but their main job is to sell a house. I am retired so no commute issues, but wife would like to have some civilization within 10-20 min. away. I am doing hours of research on line, but advice from those who know the area is priceless.

2. Masta Kink

Masta Kink Junior Member

Sure is pretty.

3. Roadie

Roadie Diamond Member

I don't know about exactly living where there, but it is beautiful Country and great Riding.

My wife and I load up my Chieftain with a small trailer and ride 2up to that area every July or August for a couple of weeks.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

4. HuskyDavidson

HuskyDavidson Diamond Member

5. HINK

HINK Senior Member

Top Poster Of Month

Hate to see you leave us, caveman...

6. aussiekeeper

aussiekeeper Senior Member

I have been doing research for over a year on where to go. New Mexico was my first choice. However, upon further investigation, I found that the crime rate there is horrible and they are not doing anything about it, keeps rising every year. In addition, the public service retirement funds are in the red by almost a billion dollars. Where do you think they will get it? Just like here in California, they will raise taxes and fees to attempt to make up for it. Here, the state is in the rears by nearly a Trillion dollars.
    I am now looking at Tucson AZ. Research so far looks good, but like anywhere, be careful of where you live.
    Tucson is not as hot as Phoenix as it is higher in elevation.................Do your due diligence and read, read, read. There are forums to go to for any city to find information, take your time.................ask a lot of questions.