Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Thunderstroke High Flow Air Cleaner!

17K views 115 replies 29 participants last post by  jdmatthew 
#1 ·
Scored a brand new Indian Thunderstroke High Flow Air Cleaner for $350 on Ebay last week. It arrived today, the Ebay listing said it was missing a hose, but it's in the box! Winning! Waiting on Payday to order by Power Vision CX from FuelMoto!

#10 · (Edited)
To each his own gentlemen. IMHO I just prefer if i intend to spend money on upgrades I want to actually get the most improvement from that upgrade. Big air cleaners should actually bring in big air into the intake to improve performance not just look good. This upgrade is just 1 part of the upgrades that are currently being done today. The other upgrades are freedom true dual headers with 4.5 freedom outlaw pipes, stage 2 cams and next a Fuel Moto pvcx controller. An added benefit of this air cleaner is supposedly it not only forces air into the intake it also directs air into the rear head so hopefully it will help cool the engine a little too. (heat kills engines) My bike already gets compliments (because it looks bad ass already) every time i take it out for a ride. With these upgrades it should be a screaming monster. :)

#11 ·
To each his own gentlemen. IMHO I just prefer if i intend to spend money on upgrades I want to actually get the most improvement from that upgrade. Big air cleaners should actually bring in big air into the intake to improve performance not just look good. This upgrade is just 1 part of the upgrades that are currently being done today. The other upgrades are freedom true dual headers with 4.5 freedom outlaw pipes, stage 2 cams and next a Fuel Moto pvcx controller. An added benefit of this air cleaner is supposedly it not only forces air into the intake it also directs air into the rear head so hopefully it will help cool the engine a little too. (heat kills engines) My bike already gets compliments (because it looks bad ass already) every time i take it out for a ride. With these upgrades it should be a screaming monster. :)
Both stage 1 intakes have a duct that redirects air to the rear head. I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to drive it much yet to see if heat is improved. But I agree... everyone has their own style and own motivations. I will never be able to tell if I got 4 more HP or 4 less. I added the intake mostly for aesthetics and to accommodate cams in the future. Again.. for me... the cams will be more about the sound and feel than a few more notches on a dyno result.

I'm just happy we have so many options! :)

#12 ·
Send video's of the wheelies it'll pull with those upgrades.
4 extra HP huh? With that air cleaner...........

#13 ·
I just got mine back. It is hard to tell if I have any additional HP. when I do stage 1 , stage 2 . With true dual headers. But it does seem the rear engine head is cooler.. The Air cleaner is,bigger than the original pics that were on Indian showed it seems. But I personally feel it gives the bike a beefier look to it. Next stop Fuel Motor pcvx controller.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Send video's of the wheelies it'll pull with those upgrades.
4 extra HP huh? With that air cleaner...........
Who actually knows, but it is growing on me even though it does seem to stick out a little more than the stock air cleaner. It does give a certain look to the bike that i like though. I am getting ready to go riding tonight and i will let you guys know. Does anyone know how to do a video on here? Cuz i will let everyone know how my bike now sounds. The loping sound of the cams is different than i had expected, probably due to the 4.5 outlaw pipes as opposed to shark fins.

#34 ·
View attachment 215921
Who actually knows, but it is growing on me even though it does seem to stick out a little more than the stock air cleaner. It does give a certain look to the bike that i like though. I am getting ready to go riding tonight and i will let you guys know. Does anyone know how to do a video on here? Cuz i will let everyone know how my bike now sounds. The loping sound of the cams is different than i had expected, probably due to the 4.5 outlaw pipes as opposed to shark fins.

So, just to confirm - is this OEM? I only ask as my dealer says he has never heard of it and does not see it anywhere in his catalog. Is it advertised somewhere by Indian?

#26 ·
View attachment 216073 more shots of mine in chrome
Do those inlets at the front feed the air cleaner or just shunt air back to the rear cylinder?

Or both?

Did the new filter kit block off the inlet from the frame?

It does that on the original Stage 1 filter but yours looks to be a better-engineered design.

WD./

#32 ·
I have the original Indian High Flow Stage One air breather and I pulled the rubber plug out of the frame, that allows air to the top of the rear jug !

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

#33 ·
Can you post a close-up pic between the AC and the tank? That's where the stock frame feed is to the bedpan AC. The original stage 1 AC caps this since there's no cover to the filter and no need for this feed. I'm curious what this sort of hybrid has.
Glad to, I will probably ride it to the station tomorrow, if i get a chance i will take several so we get a better idea.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.