Indian dealership in Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'Southeast Indian Owners' started by Ordie Chief, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Ordie Chief

Ordie Chief Member

stop by the Baton Rouge dealership today. Top notch customer service.... 15% off for military

2. Bwana6

Bwana6 Diamond Member

You mean the store on Airline that didn't have dealer Indian shirts? 'Only been open for just over a year' was their answer as to no shirts. Nice...........makes you wonder who is running it

3. Ordie Chief

Ordie Chief Member

No sure how long they have been open or what issues they've had in the past but the had lots of t-shirts today. Also the customer service I received was excellent.

Just my observation not trying to get into pissing contest with anyone.

You can have this win.

4. Bwana6

Bwana6 Diamond Member

Not trying to start one. Just a prime example of how Indian dealers start ill equipped and some are running after a year with NO SIGN yet ! How this happens is beyond me. Its corporate Indians fault all the way for not enforcing anything.
    At any rate..............glad to hear your thoughts on this store as it has all the potential to be a home run dealership.

5. Roadie

Roadie Platinum Member

I rode my Chieftain from the Texas Hill Country to the Florida panhandle and back in mid August this year and my Buddy tagged along on his new Scout.

We stopped off, thought it was a fairly new dealer from the looks of the place, but was told it opened in 2015 as you can see from the pic below.

My Buddy bought a shirt, not me, I didn't see any that I liked.

[​IMG]

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. UrbanHermit

UrbanHermit Junior Member

Somehow I can't regard T-shirts as an essential for a dealership being satisfactory. Competence, customer service, and ethics seem to me to be slightly more important.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ordie Chief

Ordie Chief Member

LOL. BWANA6 says it is ....... so it has to be... it just has to be..... it can't be not true if he says it's true

JUST KIDDING BWANA6 just poking the bear

8. Bwana6

Bwana6 Diamond Member

Well obviously the statement that customer care seems to be top priority. Ethics? Where did that come in? Seriously............
    Ethics are determined by dealers as 'following corporate guidelines' and thats where it ends. Most could care less if you dropped dead five seconds after a purchase. As long as it is signed and t's crossed and i's dotted. Ethics, huh............thats a table pounder laugh at corporate level for sure.
    I do know a few 'ethical' dealers. They were ethical before they signed up with Indian. Indian was and still is sorta, a hot product...............or can be. But having t-shorts in inventory does not have nothing to do with being ethical. You are right. Its just a given that a dealer should do this or have some inventory there. Or a sign. Or a tech thats not his nephew who wants a job. Ethics means kow - towing to the brand and what corporate says is 'ethics'.
    Follow the bottom line. Follow the money. That alone takes first place by a wide margin. Then comes customer service. Ethics is not even in the running there.
    Ethics - Wikipedia
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaEthics
    Ethics or moral philosophy is a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong conduct

So an 'ethical dealer' would not sell a bike that has kickstand breaking issues, a noisy or rattling/clanking engine, or fading leather, right? So why does he? Because with 'ethics'............he will go broke ASAP.

Now I have been to that dealership last year. Impressed? Not even in the least. But if you have had good luck there and its a home - boy atmosphere, then its OK. I said that above. Usually...........usually, dealerships start out prepared with good parts inventory, accessories, a tech thats trained, and yes......t-shirts. Indian does not require any of the above it seems. Until this happens? It'll be hit and miss like it is now and will continue.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ordie Chief

Ordie Chief Member

Did you really just reference Wikipedia..... (you can't make this stuff up)

:):):):):):):):):)

• Like Like x 1
  10. LACOUNTRYHICK

LACOUNTRYHICK Junior Member

I prefer the New Orleans store (well its really in St. Rose/Kenner)! Store is brand new and it is huge! Entire staff is very nice and prices were excellent! Also fully stocked with merchandise! Take a ride and check it out!

• Like Like x 1