IMRG Ride in Daytona 2016

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle News' started by NickJ, Mar 29, 2016.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator Staff Member Moderating

[​IMG]

A few weeks have passed since the 75th annual Daytona Bike week and we have finally gotten a second to breath. In the last few weeks, I have gotten a lot of content up for you all to peruse. I spent some time and got my Victory Octane review up, as well as the new one from the Indian camp. Click through to check out my thoughts on the Springfield. Hell, if you guys are in the market for a small truck, check out the GMC Canyon Diesel review that I posted (If for nothing more than the photos. I am real proud of the way they came out).

I was blessed enough to get to join in with Indian Motorcycle and Victory for many of their events down in Daytona this year and I was able to snap a few photos of the great day I had with the Indian Motorcycle Rider's Group as we headed inland to check out the Standard Motorcycle Co in Orlando.

[​IMG]

I was on the new Springfield as we rolled alongside veteran Marine, Sean Carroll aboard his Champion Scout Trike. This was a pretty special thing to be a part of. As many of you know, the Veterans Charity Ride donated a Scout Trike to Mr. Carroll this last winter. He is back in the saddle and riding like a stinking BOSS. It was really cool to be able to ride in formation with him as we ran down the road toward Orlando.

[​IMG]
    Ralph Wessell's 1937 Indian Scout​

Once we got to Standard, we were able to check out the shop and then got a rad history of racing and an AHRMA lesson by the one and only Ralph Wessel. He had his two vintage race bikes in tow and on display for us to check out. After we got the full rundown, he fired up his '37 so we could hear what a race-winning vintage bike sounds like. It was freaking awesome and sounded tighter than a lot of modern bikes out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we were left to check out Standard and chat with Letica and Jason about their new space. If you are unfamiliar with Standard, check them out. They have a cool little co-op going on down in Orlando. Not only is it a really cool space, a garage full of tools for their members to use, but they also offer education to folks that are just getting started wrenching on their own bikes and projects. Their members get to come in and work on their projects, use the shop's tools, and be a part of the community going on in Orlando.

[​IMG]

I got to ride with a few of our members on the way back to the beach and that was an absolute blast! Thanks for the great time guys and I cannot wait to ride with you again!

[​IMG]

I will stop typing and post photos now. You are welcome.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NickJ

NickJ Administrator Staff Member Moderating

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blueshwk

Blueshwk IndianMotorcycles.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing the pics and info....Sorry I missed the ride to Orlando!

4. DTyndale

DTyndale Senior Member

where is a picture of you Nick?