Idiot drivers.

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by WhizzbangK.C., Oct 6, 2017.

1. WhizzbangK.C.

WhizzbangK.C. Member

I am sick to death of living in a world full of self centered morons. I just had an idiot pass me on a cloverleaf exit on wet road. I was on my bike. He was tail gating me in his SUV with less than a car length, blowing his horn, and then decided to pass me, because whatever he was on his way to was just more important than my life.
    We're told to just let it go when stuff like this happens, but it isn't easy. Continuously allowing people to get away with this kind of shit just encourages them, and they keep pulling dumber and dumber stunts. I gets worse with every passing day and there is no sign of it stopping.There needs to be penalties for these idiots.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
  2. reinie

reinie Gold Member

I've dreamed of doing all sorts of things but truthfully retaliation only escalates the road rage and some body gets hurt or killed or arrested. The sad fact is that there aren't enough police officers out there on the road to deter anything. It's like the wild west out there and you drive or ride at your own risk. Be as defensive as you possibly can be and if you get a license plate number of a particularly bad driver you can call it in to law enforcement. That's about all you can do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. HINK

HINK Silver Member

One of my greatest pleasures when I was on the job was actually being at the right time at the right place. And it would indeed happen -- not frequently, but when it did I would keep things professional but my inside rider was cackling with glee. So for everybody that has never seen a cop anywhere near when something like this happens, know that cosmic justice is indeed being served at a few wonderful spots each day...

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. HINK

HINK Silver Member

IMG_0576.JPG

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  5. aussiekeeper

aussiekeeper Bronze Member

Motorcycle cams, make the report, sign the complaint.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WhizzbangK.C.

WhizzbangK.C. Member

I've tried that, complete vehicle description, license plate number, time and place, with witnesses names and numbers (people I know who were driving the same way after a get together and saw it all happen), and the current location of the car and driver (who I had followed till they stopped at the grocery store and went in to shop.) I told them I needed an officer there as I wanted to press charges for assault with a deadly weapon as the driver had intentionally swerved at me several times, accelerated to catch me and slowed down to not allow me to disengage. The reply from the police is that if they don't personally witness it, they can do nothing. This was several months ago and I still can't believe that happened, but it did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HINK

HINK Silver Member

Sadly, depends on the jurisdiction. Some take it more seriously than others. We had a great traffic team and our guys loved tracking these down -- we had six motor officers and so these guys would commiserate on a personal level.

• Like Like x 4
  8. aussiekeeper

aussiekeeper Bronze Member

If they see it on film, they will prosecute. That can be evidence for court. Words only seldom work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Racepres

Racepres Junior Member

Everyone has a cell Phone these days.. Even tho I don't know how to use mine...If something like that is going on, I at least Look like I am videoing it!!!
    Someday, when I learn how, I will actually do it, and post on a Local ???? some kinda page, to show them for the Pricks they are...

10. Siekobilly

Siekobilly Junior Member

I plan on getting a gopro, or something similar, to mount to my helmet just for this reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Some guy named Steve

Some guy named Steve Bronze Member

A camera provides evidence they cannot dipute with veracity. This kinda crap has been going on for years. I was passed in my lane in San Diego by a guy in a small convertible, either an MG or a Triumph. I was just off the oil slick and he zipped by on my right. I wish I had a chocolate shake to dump in his lap.

12. enzo5000

enzo5000 Gold Supporting Member

I have two GoPro cameras. One, a front facing camera mounted on the windshied and the other rear facing camera is mounted above the tail light on solo rack. When drivers behind me see that red blinking light their behavior does change.
    gopro_mounts.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. gspell68

gspell68 Junior Member

Here is the bane of my commute to work in the mornings.

upload_2017-10-6_13-29-27.png

Driving from the bottom towards the top, two lanes turn into three.
    If you are in the right lane, you have a choice of two lanes after crossing the bridge.
    99% of the people driving this direction need to be in the center lane in the next 300 feet or so for the fork in the road.
    Invariably, folks start drifting from the left lane, over the solid, no-passing line on the bridge into the center lane on the other side.
    Many times they sandwich me with another slower car already in the right lane.

Then 300 feet later, we're back down to two lanes that split and go into totally different directions.
    A convenient spot for folks to blast from the left lane to the right, 30mph over the speed limit, across that white V, flinging road debris in your face.
    If you look close enough you can see the lines inside the V are worn along with tire marks in the grass from left tires.

upload_2017-10-6_13-38-39.png

I actually have it planned out when my left hand is free to flip folks the bird.

14. BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike Junior Member

I live in New York and I ride in New York. China Town, Midtown, Jewelry District - particularly during rush hours...ahhh...it is a bliss. You have to be a true Christian inside if you still want to love people.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. clif02

clif02 Silver Member

It is getting bad around here as well. The growth is overwhelming the infrastructure and we have hundreds of impatient morons behind the wheel. They'll cut you off, jump in your lane dang near running you over, pass on the shoulder, tailgate you dangerously close and so on. I live pretty close to the backroads so I only have a three mile gauntlet to get away from the madness.