Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

How do you clean your bike!

19K views 74 replies 62 participants last post by  Kost 
#1 ·
I thought it might be interesting to see how people clean their bikes, I guess what made me think of this topic was about a month ago my wife and I were walking the dog and I see this guy with his sportster he had the seat off and was spraying the bike with a spray nozzle full blast from about two feet he was spraying everything wasn't holding back. Every one has there own way of cleaning and washing there motorcycles,I never take a hose and drench my bike I just take a duster( California duster) get the dust off take a bucket with soapy water and wash fenders tank pipes ect then dry off and wax .I only use spray wax the eagle one nano wax works good for me .I use it on all the chrome also,the microfiber towels are great .

#65 ·
On the rare occasion that I wash the bike... I hose it off, spray the wheels and lower parts with Simple Green and wash with soapy water and sponge. Dry it with micro fiber cloths. "Wax" with Pledge. Yes, Pledge.
Lately I've been using the S 100 products and they work great too.

#66 ·
Hi all, any of you have guys and girls, have any experience with the matt finishes? I ordered some products from the online company I by all my auto detailing stuff from. I know its not delicate, I also know it can not be repaired if damaged. Any experience with this will be greatly appreciated. thanks

#69 ·
Dawn dish soap, rinse, dry then apply a coat of F11, or your matte protectant of choice (IMO most all are fairly similar in results). Honestly, since using F11, I find that washing is rarely needed. Just a quick wipe down and off we go. 15 minutes tops.

#72 ·
Simple green and warm water fairing and windshield for bugs etc., S100 on the hard to get at spots thoroughly rinse; go over entire unit with Diamond Finish and buff with clean mircro fiber towels to a show room shine. Raise up on special jack for wheels every third ride get comments everywhere I ride on this beauty.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.