Have gun (or not); will travel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NCScoutSW, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hammerswinger

Hammerswinger Member

Good idea!

2. War Hoop

War Hoop Silver Member

When your so afraid of the law you will not stand up your rights, when your more afraid of the law then the criminals then you might as well go dig your own grave, you know, just in case...

3. CavemanHHH

CavemanHHH Super Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I carry most of the time. If I am on the bike on a trip I always carry legal or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jenshore

Jenshore Junior Member

Carry? Gun?
    What's a gun?... we don't need them here in Oz... all we need is this:

upload_2017-1-10_13-10-38.png

We need our knives to keep these buggers off our suburban streets!
    They create a mess of the front yards......

upload_2017-1-10_13-14-42.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. DarkHorse666

DarkHorse666 Member

Sorry, digging your own grave is illegal in California. No can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dean E

Dean E Bronze Member

A lot of opinions here. The basic rule for CCW is very simple. To protect your life in a life threatening situation or in the case of a woman also the threat of being raped. CCW weapons are ALWAYS a choice of last resort. It is never for protection of property. That can always be replaced and never worth another's life. If ever, God forbid, you find yourself in a life threatening situation you use your weapon to stop that threat. If you pull your gun out, you use it and stop that immediate threat. No warning shot, you stop that threat and keep shooting till that threat is gone. Plain and simple.

When you carry you should go out of your way to back away from a confrontation. You are protecting your loved ones and yourself from being inflected deadly harm. There would in most cases be consequences for taking that action. At that point it comes down to your life or theirs. I would much rather be alive with those consequences than dead. I carry CCW because I choose for my wife and myself to live. My CCW gives me that choice should I ever need it. Dean

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. WhiteBuffalo

WhiteBuffalo Member

I meant that lawyers have little to do with why we shoot center mass.

This is a thread about CCW and the vast majority of the conversation and context of replies is in regards to civilian encounters, so there was reason to suspect you were referring to a LEO stand-off. Even if that were the case, my point still stands - the target would need to be dead still or your request for a "disabling" shot is absurd.

Thanks for the support - we appreciate that and I have nothing but respect for anyone who served in Vietnam.

If you own as many firearms and shoot as often as you claim, it makes your statement all the more confusing to me. You should know that kind of marksmanship is on the level of a parlor trick. The vast majority of self-defense situations - LEO or other - do not lend themselves to a rehearsed shot.

Finally, I do have compassion. As your post on peace and love points out: you couldn't possibly know my tone or know me. For all my machismo façade, I'm every bit the softy on the inside - usually the first to apologize and I abhor pain and suffering. With that said, however, that personality-type/world-view carries with it the cliché realization that sometimes you need a gun to protect the sheep.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TN1WR

TN1WR Gold Member

Four inches of snow is in my driveway, waiting for me to clean it off. Reading this stuff is more fun. Well maybe not the Victory stuff. That's kind of sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hammerswinger

Hammerswinger Member

We just got 6" raining now. Was going to go plow but thought I would get on here instead. Just received my brow beating now going out to remove snow and rethink life.

10. Hammerswinger

Hammerswinger Member

Idk I am a pretty good shot, it would be a challenge to shoot a knife out of somebody's hand. The ricochet noise would be the payoff.

11. War Hoop

War Hoop Silver Member

Everything in cali is illegal... that's why we call it Commiefornia.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TN1WR

TN1WR Gold Member

I am listening to Outnumbered on FNC. I will be heading outside to get my driveway cleaned up after the show's over. Still snowing pretty hard but right now I would say I'm probably pushing up towards six inches of snow as well, plus the plow has already gone by.

13. DarkHorse666

DarkHorse666 Member

Sorry, the term "Commiefornia" is illegal in California. Hands behind your back please.

14. Bwana6

Bwana6 Diamond Member

Just thought of something. You can love and peace in Berkely CA about a mile south of the Cal campus. There, under Bernie signs and Bush is Bad posters, you can find love with the locals.

There is no compassion for one doing a criminal act. Period. Their compassion for the victim(s) is surely absent so why worry about them? Seriously. You are smarter than that. Quit toking up before you get on the forum.

Just wait till some SOB does a crime on your wife, girlfriend, or kissy kissy. Then center mass will be a non - issue. You will want his skull bleached and sitting on your fireplace. Within 2 minutes after being notified. 10 - 4 ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TN1WR

TN1WR Gold Member

Evidently you have seen my fireplace.