Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Fairing over front head light

15K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  muz 
#1 ·
Hi ya, anyone here got a blacked out sixty with the black fairing over the front headlight? If so could you post some pics of her here please for me. Side angle etc. If you have and you know where there is a pic let us know a link. Cheers guys and gals.

#2 · (Edited)
I was at the local dealer and saw they had one of these 1901 Low Fly Windscreen, so I asked to test fit it.

It looks alright, but to me definitely not worth the $259.99 price tag.

Edit: I'm more so waiting for something like THIS to come out for the scout, a couple members and myself attempted contacting these guys about the release date but so far, radio silence.

#7 ·
Dirty bird concepts makes one - XChoppers sells them:

Also one from Arlen Ness:

Reactions: Roadie
#10 ·
Where do you feel the wind hitting now; chest, face, or helmet?
Like AZmitch says.
To tell the truth I never really take much notice of the wind, but it does seem to be less, I think.
I mainly wanted it, cause to me it just suits the bike, I love the look of it, the quality of it is fantastic, the paint is on the inside as it would have been clear before painting, so it never will get scratched.

#11 ·
I mainly wanted it, cause to me it just suits the bike, I love the look of it, the quality of it is fantastic, the paint is on the inside as it would have been clear before painting, so it never will get scratched.
I agree... it just finishes the bike. All the bigger Indians have a finished look... the Scout front area looked like someone went to lunch and then didn't finish when they came back.

Of course I like the fact that an Indian baseball cap fits perfectly behind it, so I have something to put on when the helmet comes off. It gets hot in AZ, so that's an important consideration... :)

#13 ·
View attachment 151825 Hope this is a good shot. I really like it a lot...but found that it does not give me the wind protection on the chest that I thought it might, at higher speeds. It is some....but not that helpful above 60.
Have you tried putting some closed cell black insulation on the top of the headlight where it meets the low-fly windscreen? If you haven't, air is coming in under the windscreen and definitely going to hit you in the chest...

#14 ·
AZMitch - I have not...but...not sure the wind was coming from there. At 60+...it seems more laminar over the top of the screen.
I got a café type windshield for a Kawi Vulcan and put that on. Someone else in this forum has it. Works great and does not detract from the looks of the bike.
Summers....I often go back to the low fly screen.

#19 ·
[MUZ - don't want to hijack here...but to answer your question...I followed a thread posted here. You get a few items from Home Depot, very simple. A stainless steel sleeve, and about 3 nylon bushings. A washer and bolt. Sorry I cannot be more specific or point to it, but you should be able to find it. Finished it off with some electrical tape. Works great and all in, I think $20. Cannot mount OEM bags...but don't want those. Hope this helps]

#20 ·
[MUZ - don't want to hijack here...but to answer your question...I followed a thread posted here. You get a few items from Home Depot, very simple. A stainless steel sleeve, and about 3 nylon bushings. A washer and bolt. Sorry I cannot be more specific or point to it, but you should be able to find it. Finished it off with some electrical tape. Works great and all in, I think $20. Cannot mount OEM bags...but don't want those. Hope this helps]
Yeah all cool mate. I know that thread. Thanks. I plan to use some Morris Minor car suspension bushes, go figure what works on some stuff sometimes. Thanks

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.