Endeavor to Persevere

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by vzolov, Jan 11, 2017.

1. vzolov

vzolov Junior Member

[Sorry, y'all, but this is mostly about VICTORY. I'll get to INDIAN at the end of the post.]

Per Lone Watie, I will "endeavor to persevere"...

I've ridden Victory motorcycles since July 2000 when I traded my ragged out 1985 ElectraGlide & $500 for a new 1999 V92C. Since then, I've added a 2007 Kingpin and a 2014 Cross Country to my stable. I've semi-seriously customized the KP & Lloydized the XC. The V92C is mostly stock except for a few very nice accessories. So, I'm about as Victory-ized as a motorcyclist could be.

All three bikes get regular exercise, sometimes very HARD exercise. That will continue. I'll maintain & ride these ass kicking, ground pounding, orphaned Victories until their wheels fall off or I get too old to find my garage. If one of 'em wrecks me, I'll get it restored. The Internetz will help, especially the VOG and whatever independent Victory performance wizards and parts suppliers remain when this regrettable dust settles.

Goodbye, Polaris. Nice to have known you. Write me if you ever resurrect Victory. Meanwhile, I'll be screaming down the highways and byways of America without you.

PS: There's also a 2016 Indian Springfield in the stable which belongs to my SuzyQ. None of my Vics are mad at her Springfield. In fact, when I sneaked into the stable last night, the Vics were hugging the Indian and chugging bourbon shots.

• Like Like x 6
  2. chiefdano8

chiefdano8 Senior Member

You'll be riding a victory but not riding with Polaris? I don't get it

3. Kriss

Kriss Bronze Member

My be they are selling the brand on?o_O

4. vzolov

vzolov Junior Member

Explanation: Polaris terminated Victory two days ago. I have NOT cancelled the ones in my garage.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. geewago

geewago Member

I think Polaris should offer all the Vic guys a trade in deal that could not be refused. Indian at cost, Vic at blue book value, No interest. Then take all the Vics and auction them off in Cuba, India, China, Phillipines etc,

6. Bwana6

Bwana6 Diamond Member

And make the prisoners interned at GITMO Cuba ride Sportsters on a daily basis and pretty soon they will be crying to be waterboarded.
    Just sayin' ............a Vic Hammer 2017 will be the cats ass 20 years from now. Better get one

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Loki

Loki Senior Member

I get it. Hate the Ex-wife (Polaris) but love the kids (your Vics.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rodhotter

rodhotter Senior Member

i fully agree, i like Indians but the steel framed Vic's- Hammer suits me + after getting used to the Indian style fenders i could prolly do well on a Pin, same all under but a normal sized tyre for better handling!!

9. Wileecoyote

Wileecoyote Junior Member

I wouldn't mind adding a Vegas or Hammer to the stable.

10. rodhotter

rodhotter Senior Member

i love my 13 Hammer i got a deal on in 13 8xx miles @ a hardly dealer! a great penske shock + slightly smaller sporty 240 night dragon tyre even made it better!! low mile preowned Vics will prolly sell for even less than in the past, even better than new pricing

11. Dr.D

Dr.D Bronze Member

Way to go vzolov. Continue to ride and enjoy what you love. The loss of future Victories does not mean you are done and you also don't have to replace with Indians.

12. rodhotter

rodhotter Senior Member

i would like a lighter cruiser BUT with good brakes + suspension from the factory no matter what name is on the tank!! my Hammer in reality needed nothing, but the $$$$ penske shock built for me smoothed the ride a lot. prolly why it was traded with 8xx miles on it, the former owner was at the hardly dealer picking up his blinged out road whatever, he looked like a business guy used to cushiness, though a nice guy

13. vzolov

vzolov Junior Member

I'm feeling the Indian Forum love, y'all. Thanks, as we're all in shock & grieving over on the VOG forum.

I really like SuzyQ's Springfield - a lot. So far, Polaris has done a very good job of reviving and modernizing Indian while remaining true to Indian's heritage. Let's hope this continues for many decades. If Victory did NOT exist, I'd be riding a Springfield or a Chieftain. However, Victory also offered outstanding bulletproof bikes in niches different from Indian. Maybe [hopefully] Indian will fill some of those niches, maybe not. Opportunity knocks for Polaris.

Some of y'all may want a second bike that fills a different niche from that which your Indian fills. Right now, the time is going to be right to score that second bike while preserving one of the best motorcycles ever produced in America - Victory. If I needed/wanted a 4th bike, I stalk & trap a Hammer or Vegas at a liquidation price and give it the full Lloyd Greer package.

Again, thank y'all for letting me cry into my ale for a few minutes. Now I can stop the Victory talk and get back to Indian.

• Like Like x 2