Did you ride today

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by taboothe, Feb 8, 2015.

1. SaltyDogSam

SaltyDogSam Member

Yes a ride along the gulf to Hudson Beach Fl. Not much of a beach, but good old Sam's Beach Bar nice place to stop for a cool one and some lunch. Almost shared it with some Terns right out of Alfred Hitchcock, made me think of the PETA crowd everything cute is not always a pet. Then again I listened to the cows and was having chicken and perhaps that is what upset them. Now that I re-consider I was wrong should have ordered tofu instead. Well the ride was nice the weather a tad on the chilly side, Still it beats listening to world events and the adventures of ISIS Wouldn't it be great to turn on the tube some morning and hear that the good old USA along with the UK stopped appologizing for introducing indoor plumbing to a large part of the world. Instead we could start giving the parts of the world begging for an ass kicking just what they have begged for. Get an entire generation to stop playing Call of Duty and learn about what it means to Do ones Duty serve something bigger then the self. Now that would be a reason to ride. Shit I know Im Dreaming, to bad though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Azmark Scout

Azmark Scout Member

I ride everyday! One of the perks of living in Arizona. And yes, I do ride in the summer when it's 115. Only bad part is stopping for a red light, then you start to bake!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alpal

Alpal Platinum Member

Went for a toot up to Mt Curl this morning. On a clear day from there you can see Mt Ruepehu to the north, Mt Taranaki/Egmont to the east and Kapiti Island southish. It was clear when I left but began to cloud up early. Pics enclosed anyway. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. taboothe

taboothe Bronze Member

What bike are you riding? Send some photos, Gulf Coast is a feast for the eyes, especially in the winter months, no tourists clogging up the white sand beaches.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. taboothe

taboothe Bronze Member

Beautiful landscapes, wide open spaces, I thinking you have ridden those hills on some dirt bike before.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaltyDogSam

SaltyDogSam Member

FLA. beaches seldom if ever packed here on the west coast of FLA. There seems to be just to many miles of coast line to pack them in, roads however a different story. If your not committed to finding the back roads it can get down right un-comfortable during our winter months. As for the bike Im riding its a 2007 S50 Suzuki compact middle weight and although I enjoy tossing it around in the twisties could use a bit more room and so the scout is eagerly anticipated. The Suzy was originally aquired for the petite wife where it would have been a perfect fit, but she discovered traffic and her are not a good fit and so now she is my co-piolot. I had been riding a Beamer R1100RTP that was a dream on the road, but a Beast in the garage and with the radio box did not do much for two up riding so that went and now I await my new love. Perhaps we can hook up along the panhandle some weekend and discover some Diners, Drive Inns and even a Dive.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. taboothe

taboothe Bronze Member

Sharp bike. My wife doesn't ride anymore the solo seat is all i need now. Thanks for the invite, I plan to ride to Pensacola more than once this year I'll give you a heads up before. Have you been to Peg Legs on the island, loved their shrimp and cold beer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Alpal

Alpal Platinum Member

Almost all my dirt riding was done in Auzzie where, once you're out back there is very little else. The bit you see it the pics was about 5 Kms I guess. There's a weather station on top of Mt Curl and the hard stuff starts again just before you get there. Guess they just plain forgot to come back and finish that little patch. image.jpg missed this one yesterday. The little blur in the middle is Kapiti Island, about 160 Kms away. 100% kiwi bush land which tourists can visit. A real pretty and tranquil place. My ride today will take me right past it. Pics to follow. Was gonna have lunch with Gunner but he is off in the other direction for work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alpal

Alpal Platinum Member

Great bike Salt! 10 years newer than mine. I have the same seat. It's almost 18 years old and still looks brand new, seat and bike. image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SaltyDogSam

SaltyDogSam Member

Bit of an overlooked gem actually great power especially off the beaten path little compact for the longer haul, but only by todays standards. I do plan on keeping mine, cant buy this much motorcycle for under ten grand in todays money. I visited your land way back in the late 60s must say fell in love with country and fine young lady, but a sailors life took me away from both. Must get back someday if at all possible would love to ride some back roads there. I still remember the beauty of the green hills cascading down to the beaches around Wellington anyway. Stay in touch here at least and if either of us cross the pond we should get in touch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SaltyDogSam

SaltyDogSam Member

Have been out to the Island, I know we did wings at the Hooters who would have thunk. Might have tried some shrimp as well not sure of the name of the place for that one. I used to visit there a few times a winter. My son was at college there, but he discovered karaoke instead of wisdom and so have not visited in a few years. I am proud to say he has discovered wisdom now and would love to make a weekend run along the north coast let me know a couple a weeks in advance on your plans and the wife and I will make the ride.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alpal

Alpal Platinum Member

My friend, I will give you a reminder of those green hills later today, only they will be very brown at the moment after our semi drought of recent times.

$9995.00 was the new bike price back in 97 an they still sell for heaps. A friend just sold an 89 700 for $3500! I told him he was a thief!

And as they say in the classics, hey! What was her name! I might know her!
    Alpal

• Like Like x 2
  13. Azmark Scout

Azmark Scout Member

I also have a Suzuki. Mine is a 2012 C50T. That's interesting that you find it compact. I feel the opposite compared to the Scout. When I tell people what size engine it has, they are surprised because the bike looks much larger. To be honest, on long trips I would pick it over the Scout for comfort.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SaltyDogSam

SaltyDogSam Member

Annie was her name her dad a top dog with the police dept, but liked me even with the sailor suit. Lovely hosts they could not have treated me better and Annie was magic far from home a few short days you know, but love comes quick when your 20. One brief chance at a reaquaintance, but by then had someone running interference for me and so the meeting in a New York airport never took place. Almost a chick flick right. Time waits for no one.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SaltyDogSam

SaltyDogSam Member

View attachment 6624
    The C's are much larger this is Suzuki's version of the Sportster and the pegs are just a little to close for a really relaxed leg. even added highway pegs but still not enough room to stretch out. Im only 5'10" and I just wish the pegs could be lowered, but then I would be giving up the ground clearence that makes it a hoot on the great roads. So as you see bobbed it a bit and live with the imperfections. View attachment 6625

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 2