Best Waterless Bike Wash

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by Papanorm, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

I thought i’d share a product I came across and have been using on all of my vehicles, including my Spyder, Audi, truck and Roadmaster. Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 oz. Aircraft Quality Wash Wax for your Car RV & Boat. Guaranteed Best Waterless Wash on the Market https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU..._3aP2zbJMFNW5T

I am very impressed at the cleaning power and wax shine of this product. It is great for easy bug removal from windsheild and paint. It is safe for all finishes, doesn’t scratch, it’s biodegradeable and no ammonia. Can also be used on RV’s and airplanes. [​IMG]
    They have a video to watch for how to use, very easy. Basically, spray, wipe then dry. The results are a beautiful smooth shine without rubbing. (BTW I am very particular about scratches and swirl marks, so far none.)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Papa Lar

Papa Lar Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been looking for something like this.

Do you use it on your chrome also?

3. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

I can be used on everything. Chrome especially comes out beautifully and shines like new with little effort. Windows and windsheilds look amazing,

4. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

1FE73119-7DEF-482C-8FF1-442BAFBBC748.jpeg

5. Papa Lar

Papa Lar Junior Member

Thanks. I think I will give it a try.

6. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

7. Marcus

Marcus Senior Member Supporting Vendor

Thunder Works at www.IndianAftermarket.com also offers a great waterless cleaner in a 2.5 ounce plastic jar (so it is easy to carry on the bike). "Thunderwash" IMG_6742.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. MoBagger

MoBagger Junior Member

Glad you brought this up because it reminded me I bought I whole kit of this stuff with a super long two-sided telescoping mop handle. I never even used the stuff on the RV I intended it for. I'll have to dig it out of the basement and use it, or sell it to someone who will.
    I've been washing with a NoRinse was for over 10 years now. I can wash my whole bike with hardly any water and I don't have to rinse. Love it. I've never tried the waterless ones yet.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  9. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

Hope you can use it as I really am impressed!

10. BaggerVance

BaggerVance Junior Member

I used to run a detail shop some years ago and I’ve cleaned and restored tons of finishes on all kinds of vehicles. I’m here to tell ya there is simply not a waterless product on the market that is able to prevent particulates from acting as an abrasive material on your paint. Since there is no water flow to flush dirt particles away from your finish it simply mixes with the waterless product and creates abrasions. It may look nice and shiny because of the fillers in the product (wax does the same thing, fills tiny abrasions) but make no mistake in time and after the product washes away or wears off, your paint will be left with swirl marks and scratches. Some particles remain even when using standard soap and water washes, but to a much lesser extent. Not here to bash any products, just share my $.02

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MoBagger

MoBagger Junior Member

I agree, and with a black truck and new black bike, I am super careful to not introduce swirls into my paint. I had purchased it for a 38' Toy Hauler RV that I really didn't care too much about the finish. The idea was I could go to the storage yard to wash the rig without any water, etc. I only used the RV once and then sold it, so never even washed it ever. :)

12. tribefan1901

tribefan1901 Junior Member

This seems like a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist....

All my vehicles are waterproof (within normal limits) to the best of my knowledge...

Best way to remove dirt is soap and water... it’s worked for more years than vehicles have existed lol...

With proper technique and materials paint damage can be minimized to almost nothing...

Most certainly less damage than what a product like this would cause

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

All valid points, however, if used properly and with care, and use clean towels you can minimize swirl marks. We all know how difficult it is to remove bugs from the front of bikes. I have tried the hot towel method and still have to rub. However, with this wash wax product, a damp towel no rubbing was needed. In my opinion, that minimizes scratches and swirls. When my bike becomes very dirty I will use my old standby of a bucket and hose. You can also use this product as a wet wax with your bucket.

14. Papanorm

Papanorm Junior Member

Please see the over 1,000 5 star ratings on Amazon.

15. Hammerswinger

Hammerswinger Senior Member

Try using antibacterial wipes they dissolve bugs right off works great!