Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Aeromach Replacement Dip Stick Review - Great!

11K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  SteveinUT 
#1 ·
For those interested, here are some pics of the new dip stick. WAY better than the Polaris version. The Aeromach Dipstick also comes in a nice container. I think I'll use it to send the old Dipstick to the "Museum of Poor Industrial Design" in Tacoma Washington -- it'll make a nice display :p

Which would you rather read?!?!?!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, I bought one of the new black dipsticks from Aeromach to replace the factory one from Indian. It looks nice and a lot easier to read.

-

Live Free and Die Well
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Indian Blue & Ivory Chieftain

#13 ·
For me, I consider the cost worth my time for a much better product. The OEM version is a crappy design that only promotes NOT checking your oil levels regularly.

But I'm an ardent Capitalist that thinks people should be paid for a better idea.

Your mileage may vary...

Reactions: dalethemale
#29 · (Edited)
Electronic device
I would also like to buy anyone's now unused oem stick. Give me an asking price......but remember you're not Polaris! I also am will to trade my oem Dark Horse stick (no tool needed) if anyone wants to deal. Common, you know your tired of looking for that stupid dipstick wrench.

#44 ·
Metal
View attachment 155225 I would also like to buy anyone's now unused oem stick. Give me an asking price......but remember you're not Polaris! I also am will to trade my oem Dark Horse stick (no tool needed) if anyone wants to deal. Common, you know your tired of looking for that stupid dipstick wrench.
No takers? I will up the offer....I will give up my Dark Horse dipstick and an Aeromach antique finished horn coin + $20 for a chrome OEM dipstick.

#31 ·
For those interested, here are some pics of the new dip stick. WAY better than the Polaris version. The Aeromach Dipstick also comes in a nice container. I think I'll use it to send the old Dipstick to the "Museum of Poor Industrial Design" in Tacoma Washington -- it'll make a nice display :p

Which would you rather read?!?!?!

Wow .....you got the cheap Aeromach version. Get the gold Indian head penny one. Or silver one to match your bikes trim (?)

#33 · (Edited)
Also, the few you you that complained about the price.........were probably the ones that jumped on me when I questioned the price when it was first announced. So Aeromach chimed in and politely explained how this is machined from billet steel and the chrome quality adds to the price along with whatever emblem ( like the Indian head penny ) you want mounted on it. So you all will dole out $400 for a fuel controller thats about $28 in parts and the research and development has already been paid for by others that put out controllers YEARS before the current rage on the new was even thought about. Or Indian floorboards that are horribly overpriced. Or aftermarket shocks that can run 10% of what a Scout 60 sells for ! No bitchin' there, huh? But a $60 dipstick thats superb quality............OMG, let it rip.
Coin Currency Metal Money Gold

#35 ·
Also, the few you you that complained about the price.........were probably the ones that jumped on me when I questioned the price when it was first announced. So Aeromach chimed in and politely explained how this is machined from billet steel and the chrome quality adds to the price along with whatever emblem ( like the Indian head penny ) you want mounted on it. So you all will dole out $400 for a fuel controller thats about $28 in parts and the research and development has already been paid for by others that put out controllers YEARS before the current rage on the new was even thought about. Or Indian floorboards that are horribly overpriced. Or aftermarket shocks that can run 10% of what a Scout 60 sells for ! No bitchin' there, huh? But a $60 dipstick thats superb quality............OMG, let it rip. View attachment 155209
Bought the Aeromach one when it first came out. for me it was worth the price even it it was $75 Canadian. I also bought the kickstand extension so shipping was not so bad.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.