Close
Login to Your Account
Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. It's quick and free. You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right corner.
Indian Motorcycle Forums - Powered by vBulletin

The numbering system and display for the first 1901 bikes.

This is a discussion on The numbering system and display for the first 1901 bikes. within the Indian Motorcycle General Discussion forums, part of the Indian Motorcycle Forum category; I may be late in discovering this and you guys may already know where the numbering system will be displayed on the first 1901 bikes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The numbering system and display for the first 1901 bikes.

RedChieftain

The numbering system and display for the first 1901 bikes.

I may be late in discovering this and you guys may already know where the numbering system will be displayed on the first 1901 bikes but if not it is shown in the following video. Jettim showed a picture in an earlier thread that indicated it may be on the horn cover and it appears that it will be. This is much cooler than I had envisioned! :)
    <iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/HWpq7EqhYD8?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

apd4209
    Hoping mine is a numbered bike. My dealer thinks it will be, but cant promise it

Jettim

Here's another I found in their Press documents.

poptop
    Are you that sure they are really on there way. 5 or is that 6 weeks and counting! Just sayan How big of a deposit did you lay down lol

e_setter_man
    I would assume that a numbered bike is still possible. But not for much longer. Everyone must remember, the numbered bikes are going worldwide. They won't last forever.

I have heard every 4 days, they are selling enough bikes for 1 weeks production. This will slow down in time. But for now sales appear to be very strong.

Look on the website. Indian has moved from under 20 dealers to over 30 dealers since Sturgis. Things are moving forward.

Jettim
    Last week Dick Scott Indian in Detroit claimed that they guaranteed a numbered bike if you put down a deposit that day, I don't see that up anymore. My Vintage is still set to leave Spirit Lake on the 17th, first shipment of 7 bikes are suppose to ship tomorrow, so poptop, I guess we'll find out soon!

vision_nut
    Why not go to face book and on the Indian page ask them

spider
    Quote Originally Posted by 6736
    Why not go to face book and on the Indian page ask them
    Because they do not actually reply, they say a person will call in 3-5 days but no one actually calls, I know this from experience, been over a week now with no response from Indian.
    They have my phone # and I am still waiting, I just stopped holding my breath.

e_setter_man
    As many of you are aware. Delivery to the US has been delayed 2 weeks.

I don't have specifics, but it is a cosmetic issue that Indian wants fixed before the bikes go out. Many bikes are going to folks not close to dealers. Indian feels it is best to make sure the isue is corrected at the factory. I want to stress the word I got is it is NOT mechanical.

I applaud Indian for this decision. I have no problem waiting 2 additional weeks for the initial deliveries. I look at this as a situation where Indian has stepped up and done what is best for me the customer.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by 18917
    As many of you are aware. Delivery to the US has been delayed 2 weeks.

I don't have specifics, but it is a cosmetic issue that Indian wants fixed before the bikes go out. Many bikes are going to folks not close to dealers. Indian feels it is best to make sure the isue is corrected at the factory. I want to stress the word I got is it is NOT mechanical.

I applaud Indian for this decision. I have no problem waiting 2 additional weeks for the initial deliveries. I look at this as a situation where Indian has stepped up and done what is best for me the customer.
    Some of the early Vision models had a dimpled side bag. If it is a cosmetic issue that is delaying the initial shipment, possibly Polaris learned a bit by that experience and wants to get them right before they go out the door. If so, quite possibly this could be a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links